Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why must BA keep faffing around the app?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
It’s a shame they use a generic card. Would be quite easy to render the main uiview of your actual card, save as a png in memory and shrink.

Was a chance to make a nice change to the design. But no.
LBP2 likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
I don't want my Avios balance on the card saved to my wallet. If we are moving to virtual cards, why should a lounge agent who wants to see my card know how many avios I have?
To be honest, I'd say that was one of the last things on their mind, if on their mind at all.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I wonder if it's for BoB purposes so the CC can see you have enough Avios left to pay for your purchase..
What's Buy on Board? I've not come across that in row 1
Perhaps that's another new enhancement.
And presumably, once saved to the wallet, the balance won't update anyway?
Old May 3, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by gcuk
What's Buy on Board? I've not come across that in row 1
Perhaps that's another new enhancement.
And presumably, once saved to the wallet, the balance won't update anyway?
It can. Your wallet items can self update themselves.

Shame BA don’t support self updating boarding passes yet.
LondonAndy likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
My AppUp functionality appears to be broken. I type in my email address and telephone number and get told that it can't access my credit card details. Maybe if it asked for them?

Edit: I think it's just me. I've had an issue with my account for a while where I'm listed as a US customer (US adds, US credit card address, etc.) despite having a UK address, UK credit card, logging in from the UK, etc. I've told BA a few times, but nobody seems especially motivated to fix it. Luckily I was able to upgrade via MBB on my laptop.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
but nobody seems especially motivated to fix it.
I think that's why the new design looks tacky. Minor things some people can see and others can't and therefore it's not a 'problem'.
-dodgy choice of colour
-GOLD is aligned with the logos top left, not centred on the card, so it looks unbalanced
-name format is just lazy (but is consistent through the app, not just the card). It's fine on the website and physical card which is why it irritates me so much.
-barcode box looks 'stuck on' because it has 90deg corners rather than rounding them in sympathy with the larger card design
-barcode text is left justified rather than centred under the barcode, again just looks unbalanced

Small things that are functionally unimportant, so it looks like 'that'll do' in delivery. All subjective, but I suspect the work of a developer not a designer.
I'll stop looking at it now LOL
Old May 3, 2018, 4:53 am

That's not how the Wallet card will look like anyway, since there's few things in there can't be replicated in a Wallet pass (unless BA has some internal knowledge of new extensions to that part of system coming in iOS 12 in a months time, but I rather doubt that.). All of the cards have had very uninspired design (with the exception of the Brown one. That one is uncharacteristically nice), so nothing of value has been lost, really.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure which parts? Just checking my wallet and I have multiple cards that have dynamic points totals and barcodes.
Ironically my Heathrow Rewards card has rounded corners on the barcode box and centred text below it and looks much better. So it’s not just me haha ��

edit : ... and HEX, SPG, Avis, Walgreens... in fact all of them.

Sorry I am having a very slow day...

Last edited by LBP2; May 3, 2018 at 5:18 am
Old May 3, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC
I’m sure this isn’t the first time we’ve had digital cards albeit they were blank Bnz, Sil, or Gld, if I remember rightly?!

The design it seems is taken from Hilton digital cards...they have their points balance on them.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Is this IOS only ?
Old May 3, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LBP2

Small things that are functionally unimportant, so it looks like 'that'll do' in delivery. All subjective, but I suspect the work of a developer not a designer.
That's why you need good acceptance criteria and good psds from the designer Developers should never be allowed to decide on these things if they're missing in my experience.. (apologies to any FE / mobile devs out there!)
LBP2 likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by LBP2
Not sure which parts? Just checking my wallet and I have multiple cards that have dynamic points totals and barcodes.
Ironically my Heathrow Rewards card has rounded corners on the barcode box and centred text below it and looks much better. So it’s not just me haha ��

edit : ... and HEX, SPG, Avis, Walgreens... in fact all of them.

Sorry I am having a very slow day...
Ah, right, I'm an idiot. I forgot that the "loyalty" cards can actually have a background image, unlike boarding passes. I thought it wouldn't be possible to have the huge "GOLD" logo, along with the smaller OWE and Avios ones, but it could be done, yeah.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
And the new app refuses to work with airport wifi. which many people use as they are flying abroad and dont have local cell phone service.

Said they couldnt give me my boarding pass as the connection 'wasnt secure'? Really. Bad. Useless even.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Very disappointed by the colour scheme and the fact that it so very clearly reads Mr John Smith (which happens to not be my name) on the card preview!
Old May 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Having the canned name of Mr John Smith is hardly supporting diversity, is it? A screen shot posted to the twitter team or Facebook would probably yield results...
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.