Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kiev Champions League Final

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Kiev Champions League Final

IF Liverpool qualify tonight I imagine the few remaining scheduled routes to Kiev will disappear very quickly. I note BA.com is already sold out that weekend.

I've no knowledge of what has happened in the past for key sporting events with high demand.

Is there any likelihood of Ba adding capacity or frequency ? Or will I be wasting my time with regular visits to the BA website ?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
It's generally handled by charter flights for these late notice, one off games.

For international tournaments BA will often lay on extra flights over the period.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I've not noticed adding extra rotations, I guess they would be more likely to do a charter for a travel agent etc
Old May 2, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
You're at the mercy of the charters or creative routing I'm afraid, BA will certainly not increase capacity for this.

My ex pad £750 for there and back in a day charter flights to Athens...
Old May 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
The scheduled flights aren't exactly the best way to get there anyway, it's not the kind of event you necessarily want to combine with a night out or two ...

Just look at the fans in Rome now, locked into the ground until 1am CET, then bussed to their planes at the airport and shipped straight out in the middle of the night, to avoid any trouble. In Kiev, fair bet you may get a pseudo-local contingent itching for a punch up with brits. As someone with family members who've been to every Liverpool Euro Cup/Champions League final, they are quite adamant that for this sort of thing, charters are the way to go. I do have a refundable seat on the BA flight just in case, but I'll probably switch to a charter flight under the right circs
stewaran likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC
Well Liverpool qualified. Congratulations to the scousers!! If anyone is laying on extra flights it’s Keeley at FlyLo!
lfc84 likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by lfc84
IF Liverpool qualify tonight I imagine the few remaining scheduled routes to Kiev will disappear very quickly. I note BA.com is already sold out that weekend.

I've no knowledge of what has happened in the past for key sporting events with high demand.

Is there any likelihood of Ba adding capacity or frequency ? Or will I be wasting my time with regular visits to the BA website ?
in 2008 charters from MAN to Moscow were averaging £900 I recall BA and KLM were ridiculous and sold out fast!

better start getting creative with your stopovers if you have a tight budget
Old May 2, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN

in 2008 charters from MAN to Moscow were averaging £900 I recall BA and KLM were ridiculous and sold out fast!

One for the Tier Point Thread...
Old May 2, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I'd start ex-FCO probably, may be a few cancellations.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I'd start ex-FCO probably, may be a few cancellations.
oooo you wicked man!

...nice new lounge though
Old May 2, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Well Liverpool qualified. Congratulations to the scousers!! If anyone is laying on extra flights it’s Keeley at FlyLo!
half the scousers would have been 100% behind Roma

sadly LFC didn’t quite balls it up enough. Hopefully Real will be a little less charitable
rockflyertalk and bhbloke like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

sadly LFC didn’t quite balls it up enough. Hopefully Real will be a little less charitable
I think everyone would and should have been supporting Sean Cox.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

More than half of the population of Liverpool I would imagine but the celebrations in Scandinavia would have gone on through the night.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:41 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MARTINSWIN

this was exactly why we had to sell out IST tickets last time liverpool went into the finals. and none of my flatmates were a scoucer (but a chelsea.lolol).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.