Avios redemptions on American Airlines

Old May 1, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Avios redemptions on American Airlines

I have been looking for Avios redemptions on AA for internal US flights. There are dozens of economy miles saver flights showing available on AA.com but nothing on BA.com over a spread of months which is very unusual . Is this a glitch with the BA website? Would BAEC be able to see availability which I cant see? Thanks for any advice
Old May 1, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I booked award flights with avios on BA for all AA flights/metal. But I can't seem to get them to show up in my AA account (though selecting seats takes me to AA). I need to get these linked up b/c of TSA precheck. Is there any way to do this online?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I booked award flights with avios on BA for all AA flights/metal. But I can't seem to get them to show up in my AA account (though selecting seats takes me to AA). I need to get these linked up b/c of TSA precheck. Is there any way to do this online?
If you go in to the booking on AA.com using the AA PNR (i.e. the one shown when you are selecting seats on ba.com) you can add your KTN at the bottom in the passenger details area.

If you want to change the frequent flyer number associated with the booking then you need to use the finnair MMB with the BA PNR, take out your BA number, give it a few minutes, then add in your AA number.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You need to get the AA locator code from BA though entering that into the AA equivalent of MMB generally finds it.

IIRC you can also find it via the MMB equivalent on QF and I think AY websites.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
yes after ticketing, on AA.com you can go to 'Your Trips/Check In" scroll down past the itin to where your name is and there should be a link there to edit your information and the field for Redress or Known Traveler Number/TSA precheck number should be available to you to enter and save.

i've just done this 3 times today.

Last edited by VSLover; Jan 22, 2019 at 11:17 am Reason: ...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you go in to the booking on AA.com using the AA PNR (i.e. the one shown when you are selecting seats on ba.com) you can add your KTN at the bottom in the passenger details area.

If you want to change the frequent flyer number associated with the booking then you need to use the finnair MMB with the BA PNR, take out your BA number, give it a few minutes, then add in your AA number.
Thanks, everyone, I was able to see that BA already added my KTN to the AA PNR, so that's good. KARFA, good to know re Finnair! LOL. B/c I could not change the BA # to my AA #. I think since I'm hooked into my KTN, I don't think I'll need to switch the #s out but maybe in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.