FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Avios redemption LAX-PPT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1906695-avios-redemption-lax-ppt.html)

dolfinco Apr 29, 2018 11:16 am

Avios redemption LAX-PPT

Hi there, is there anywhere to search the availability for EC, PEC and Business on the above flights? I am doing a normal search by date and dont fancy going through every single day but on the reward availability tool it wont let me enter PPT as a destination.

Looking late November into December for 2-4 seats..... (probably no chance to be fair)

Hope someone can point me in right direction.

guv1976 Apr 29, 2018 11:37 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco (Post 29696317)
Hi there, is there anywhere to search the availability for EC, PEC and Business on the above flights? I am doing a normal search by date and dont fancy going through every single day but on the reward availability tool it wont let me enter PPT as a destination.

Looking late November into December for 2-4 seats..... (probably no chance to be fair)

Hope someone can point me in right direction.

Since the only BAEC partner that serves PPT is LATAM (which flies from SCL via IPC), and since BAEC charges for each flight flown, I suggest that you search for LAX-SCL first, and then see if you can find SCL-PPT on the same or a subsequent date. I'm not sure that SCL-PPT operates seven days a week, so you might need to stop over in SCL for one or more days, subject to award-seat availability.

Even though ba.com does not recognize PPT, have you nonetheless continued the search to see if the search engine comes up with something?

dolfinco Apr 29, 2018 11:46 am

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 29696358)
Since the only BAEC partner that serves PPT is LATAM (which flies from SCL via IPC), and since BAEC charges for each flight flown, I suggest that you search for LAX-SCL first, and then see if you can find SCL-PPT on the same or a subsequent date. I'm not sure that SCL-PPT operates seven days a week, so you might need to stop over in SCL for one or more days, subject to award-seat availability.

Even though ba.com does not recognize PPT, have you nonetheless continued the search to see if the search engine comes up with something?

Im doing a date search and i thought American Airlines did that direct route, which is what i was hoping to find. It completes the search but says "no avilability" for a specific date

Nicksta Apr 29, 2018 12:08 pm

The only two airlines that fly the route direct are Air France and Air Tahiti Nui. One may use AAdvantage miles to book on Air Tahiti Nui, but availability is terrible. That airline does not have premium economy, it should be noted. The Air France flight has very tight seats in economy.

You've never seen so many wealthy families squeezed into economy seats on any other route. The business class section is not large, never has sales, and is frequently sold out. Thus, everyone seems to be willing to make the 8 hour sacrifice overnight to be able to connect to Bora Bora by flying in Y, but the indignity and surprise shows!

Calum Apr 29, 2018 12:19 pm

There is no AA operated flight from LAX to PPT. UA are starting a flight from SFO but prices appear to be just as outrageous as LAX.

If your trip starts in the UK, it may actually be cheaper to go via AKL. I know one couple that did it LHR-HKG-AKL-PPT and they saved quite a bit over LHR-LAX-PPT or LHR-CDG-LAX-PPT.

aceman Apr 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by dolfinco (Post 29696382)
Im doing a date search and i thought American Airlines did that direct route, which is what i was hoping to find. It completes the search but says "no avilability" for a specific date

As above, they don't. however the latam flights aren't horrendously priced, even one way and were very comfortable even in economy. I would highly suggest two things though, from SCL do a couple of days in Easter Island en route to PPT. And secondly spend as little time in PPT as possible and go to another island asap. PPT being basically a dump.

stevemack Apr 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Don’t hawaiian airlines fly this route from HNL? Can probably redeem via AA

does mean an additional flight to HNL though from LAX

Calum Apr 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by stevemack (Post 29696512)
Don’t hawaiian airlines fly this route from HNL?

Only once weekly and I don't think it's redeemable with avios.

jerry a. laska Apr 29, 2018 2:47 pm

Air Tahiti Nui (TN) is a partner of AA and so you can redeem AA miles; it is not a member of oneworld or a BA partner so you cannot redeem avios.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html
Hawaiian (HA) is a partner of AA and you can use AA miles for redemptions within Hawaii and from Hawaii to other places HA flies but not to the US; as noted by Calum you cannot redeem avios on HA.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html

cz4444 Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

It it possible to book Qantas with miles (PPT-LAX) Avios?

jerry a. laska Jun 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by cz4444 (Post 34355973)

Does QF fly PPT-LAX with their own metal? I don’t believe they do, so no.

Mwenenzi Jun 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by cz4444 (Post 34355973)

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 34356632)
Does QF fly PPT-LAX with their own metal? I don’t believe they do, so no.

Airlines that fly to/from PPT here-->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faa%27...tional_Airport
QF does not to/from PPT

36902BRF Jun 21, 2022 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nicksta (Post 29696444)
The only two airlines that fly the route direct are Air France and Air Tahiti Nui. One may use AAdvantage miles to book on Air Tahiti Nui, but availability is terrible. That airline does not have premium economy, it should be noted. The Air France flight has very tight seats in economy.

You've never seen so many wealthy families squeezed into economy seats on any other route. The business class section is not large, never has sales, and is frequently sold out. Thus, everyone seems to be willing to make the 8 hour sacrifice overnight to be able to connect to Bora Bora by flying in Y, but the indignity and surprise shows!

You ain't kidding. Landing saver J award space last year on AF round trip is one of the greater successes of my points efforts. Thought I was going to be unable to use it but the US opened up to EU just weeks before my flight, COVID numbers stayed low before and during my trip, I got five nights on points at Conrad Bora Bora and went in the rainy season and the weather was wonderful for two weeks. Sometimes you just get lucky.