Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie having question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Newbie having question

I am a total newbie on flyertalk and came across this site as i was searching for answers.
i have to commute several times a month between Belgium and Heatrow and i am in the lucky situation that i can travel in club europe. mainly i fly in in the am and get back on the latest flight the same day getting 80 tierpoints per roundtrip and now i have bronze status it gives me 1750 avios per roundtrip.That also means i am tiering up pretty fast and just reached bronze status and end of may i will gain Silver.
i was wondering when i will receive the bronze package at home and what the content of the package is?
is it only the bronze card or could i expect some cool Goodies?

besides that. I am thinking on taking the misses with me on a business trip to Tampa in September and i thought about taking a flight to heatrow and then fly AA to Tampa. Any chance that i might upgrade to business class with the Avios i have and what is the best way to do this?

Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Seraglio
is it only the bronze card or could i expect some cool Goodies?
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the BA forum Seraglio, it's good to see you here, and I think you will be silver before too long at this rate. However I may need to recalibrate your expectations a little here. You will get a lovely ruby card from BA, maybe after a month or so, and perhaps some baggage tags. And a charming letter from that nice Mr. Hillier, but that is about as far as it goes. Not even a tube of smarties, I regret to tell you.

In terms of using the Avios, well that is more interesting. You don't absolutely have to use BA metal, but in practical terms it's easiest to use Avios on BA and IB metal, and upgrading using Avios is a particularly good use of them, quite often. I suggest you have a look at the stickies and dashboard, and by all means check exactly what you intend to do before confirming anything, since there are number of potential pitfalls. BA fly to Tampa from LGW (mostly on older aircraft) and Miami from LHR. The trick to it is to find a low price World Traveller Plus revenue ticket (look at Inverness and the Nordics as your start point to save more money) and then use Avios to turn it into Club World.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:45 am

Welcome Seraglio. To add to the above, if interested in the BA service to TPA from a BRU starting point, note that the LHR-LGW motorway transfer is not particularly great. It may be quicker to take the Eurostar to St Pancras and then the train down to LGW, or alternatively (and paying less tax) the Thalys to AMS and then a BA service to LGW.

Otherwise the Nordic options mentioned by c-w-s above may be best in terms of bang for your buck.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Welcome Seraglio. To add to the above, if interested in the BA service to TPA from a BRU starting point, note that the LHR-LGW motorway transfer is not particularly great. It may be quicker to take the Eurostar to St Pancras and then the train down to LGW, or alternatively (and paying less tax) the Thalys to AMS and then a BA service to LGW.

Otherwise the Nordic options mentioned by c-w-s above may be best in terms of bang for your buck.
i will be traveling to Heatrow a day early and then do a business stop over in London to meet a customer. Then in the morning to LGW to fly to Tampa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.