Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New food item in EDI lounge: warm ciabatta roll

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses

Perhaps one to merge into another thread eventually, but to help it stand out initially...

Looks like there is enhanced catering item in EDI lounge: warm tomato, pesto, red onion and mozzarella ciabatta (well, half mini-ciabatta ).

Just EDI, or appearing everywhere?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Interesting - I saw the food warmer thing next to the usual soup place and wondered what new and exciting item we would be getting! I hate pesto but other than that it is a good addition to the EDI food. No warm items apart from soups normally send me to the No1 Lounge!!

Thanks for posting the update

aks120
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No this must be new, I've not heard of this sort of thing in the domestic lounges outside LHR/LGW before. Well spotted and it's good to have something warm past the porridge and soup provision.

Mind you, not sure who in BA has this ciabatta and panini fetish,
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
EDI continues to be one of my fav lounges on the circuit - staff are normally friendly, the food is fresh, staff tidy away plates quicker than anywhere and it is my home station!

Maybe they are venturing out on their own with the panini - I agree with CWS - a little less bread would be welcome - maybe a pot of stovies or macaroni cheese would be the perfect solution!

aks120
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Having finished it's modelling duties the candidate was subject to ongoing testing, and was jolly tasty when accompanied by its compatriot 2014 Barbera de Asti. Definitely a good addition ^.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Apr 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Excellent! Just arrived. Will see if I can find one.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Nothing new in GLA tonight. Anything would be a change from soup and sandwiches.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Cynic in me says glowing recommendations here will be used to justify its eternal presence onboard!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Mind you, not sure who in BA has this ciabatta and panini fetish,
Well, it's typically British, isn't it?
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
BA even occasionally have panini without cheese! Yes it can be done despite what almost everyone in the UK thinks! One of the occasional medium-length CE options doesn't have cheese.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Galleries fixed (the FT ones ), and photo added above.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Another new entry today: Cajun chicken mozzarella ciabatta. Not as enjoyable, but better than anticipated.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Has anyone seen any other sightings of the ciabatta? The only regional airport I've used recently has been MAN and those flights have all been during the lounge's breakfast offering. Is this addition unique to EDI or are there appearances elsewhere?
Old May 10, 2018, 10:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sorry I forgot to update this thread.

This is a six week trial, so presumably to end of May or a bit beyond, and the ciabattas will come out at approx 16:00 hrs to the cover the evening period. I think it is just EDI. They will use the Tell-BA feedback to see whether to extend it elsewhere. Often the BS on-duty manager will be on the long desk nearest to the lounge agents, so you can also give feedback that way too.

They are to be found in the glass cabinet by the soup urn, nearest the newspaper table.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Sorry I forgot to update this thread.

This is a six week trial, so presumably to end of May or a bit beyond, and the ciabattas will come out at approx 16:00 hrs to the cover the evening period. I think it is just EDI. They will use the Tell-BA feedback to see whether to extend it elsewhere. Often the BS on-duty manager will be on the long desk nearest to the lounge agents, so you can also give feedback that way too.

They are to be found in the glass cabinet by the soup urn, nearest the newspaper table.
Not sure I've ever seen an identifiable BS manager. Do they wear something different? Ah, maybe the chap in a suit who also helps with clearing, etc?

I'll try and give positive feedback to get ciabatte to the masses. Is Tell-BA an online thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.