Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 SJC Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
I have had 2 cases for this exact same cancellation reason rejected by BA and then passed onto CEDR who ruled in my favour for both cases. I would advise anyone who has their claim rejected by BA to ask for a referral to CEDR (as BA did not do it automatically when rejecting my claims) and then raise a case with CEDR.
Whats CEDR? Last time I just went to claiming under MCOL. Is CEDR a replacement or something in between denial by BA and MCOL?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Skywards, British Airways Executive Club
Flightaware is showing that the last five consecutive flights to SJC (BA279) as cancelled. Has the 787 situation worsened or have BA cancelled the route?, I have a flight booked in April!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:17 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rookersa
Flightaware is showing that the last five consecutive flights to SJC (BA279) as cancelled. Has the 787 situation worsened or have BA cancelled the route?, I have a flight booked in April!
Well, we're currently booked in November on BA728 going the other way, so that's gotta mean a BA279 coming in. And the only reason we're not coming back on BA279 (and going to San Diego) is that no Avios upgrades were available into SJC.

Not saying it won't cancel at some point, but at least they believe that the route is still there

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I am flying back this Saturday from SJC on the 787. Outbound was cancelled and a for a few days after but flights resume this Thursday (supposedly)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:40 pm

I thought it was scheduled to resume tonight (Feb 13th), but looks like that one got cancelled too. Yikes! Guess I will see soon enough.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by olouie
I thought it was scheduled to resume tonight (Feb 13th), but looks like that one got cancelled too. Yikes! Guess I will see soon enough.
Yup. This was cancelled a while back. We were supposed to be on that one. Just landed at LAX on our alternate AA LAX flight 😀

cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
And we are back flying to SJC from today - 14 Feb
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhdcommuter
And we are back flying to SJC from today - 14 Feb
We fly back to SJC Monday. Looks good so far 😀

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
How much notice are BA giving for these cancellations ? I’m booked to fly LHR-SJC 17/7/19 and praying they don’t cancel it, especially as I did UUA to first for me and my partner.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by nshep
How much notice are BA giving for these cancellations ? I’m booked to fly LHR-SJC 17/7/19 and praying they don’t cancel it, especially as I did UUA to first for me and my partner.
It depends, the recent cancellations only happened a few weeks before the actual flights. - I received my February roster in early January and had 2 trips to SJC, then within a few days one of the trips was removed as they cancelled the flights. One of the 787's which has been grounded since last year is undergoing some final test flights before entering service so that should help the 787 operation.

If they do cancel (and I am not saying it will happen) you must likely will be re-routed via SFO which will be on either a 747 or A380. My advice is not to worry about it, the recent cancellations covered about a 2 week period which is generally a quiet travel time.
Originally Posted by brp

We fly back to SJC Monday. Looks good so far ��

Cheers.

Hope so I am due to operate out on the flight tomorrow, haven't had my fix of Sharks hockey in a few weeks!
nshep likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by bhdcommuter
It depends, the recent cancellations only happened a few weeks before the actual flights. - I received my February roster in early January and had 2 trips to SJC, then within a few days one of the trips was removed as they cancelled the flights. One of the 787's which has been grounded since last year is undergoing some final test flights before entering service so that should help the 787 operation.

If they do cancel (and I am not saying it will happen) you must likely will be re-routed via SFO which will be on either a 747 or A380. My advice is not to worry about it, the recent cancellations covered about a 2 week period which is generally a quiet travel time.

Hope so I am due to operate out on the flight tomorrow, haven't had my fix of Sharks hockey in a few weeks!
I don't think there is the A380 during winter months. Its the 777-200 or 747. The 777 is super old and horrible in WT+.
Last cancellation I got was 4 or 5 days before the 2/1 flight.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:40 am

I don't think there is the A380 during winter months. Its the 777-200 or 747. The 777 is super old and horrible in WT+.
Your quite right however it changes during the summer season to the 747 and 380. (Nshep is due to travel in July)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:15 pm

During the Winter the A380 goes to SFO 3 days a week, with 772s taking the other 4 days for the 286/287. The 284/285 seems to be a 747 throughout the year.

I usually take the 286/287 (the later flights suit me better) but the 772s have me considering the 284/285 when I fly on days with no A380. Even in F the 772 seems like a poorer version of BAs other Fs. And the service appears to me, at least, to be below average in the 772s crumple zone, too, pretty much every time.

rb211.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum
The 777 is super old and horrible in WT+
Yes, I was on G-YMMN (17.5-year-old 772) SFO-LHR a couple of weeks back and lights & A/C malfunctioned in WT+ leaving cabin lights on and frigid temperatures the entire night. Red-eye flight indeed

Not the experience I was intending when I originally booked the 789 from SJC. Still, at least the 773 on the return leg had WiFi - none of the SJC 789s do, nor are likely to get it for a long time.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:15 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, SJC has been victimized..ah...er, randomly chosen for cancellation again. Our 11/27 SJC-LHR wwas cancelled yesterday. This works out well, actually, as I was able to get SFO-LHR/LHR-SFO in J for not much more then the original J/T booking, so we'll get a bunch of Avois back.

Still, seems that SJC are within the cancellation sites...

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.