Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help an idiot with ITA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Please help an idiot with ITA

I am trying to get a fare between LAX and PTY with a number of tier point driven sectors.
I am assuming I have to put something in the advanced routing code fields so the site doesn’t keep producing flights just and only via MIA.

What is it I need to do?

I have tried putting in obvious stops but the site just comes back and says “no”.....
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:25 pm

What dates are you looking at?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have a look at the TP thread in particular post four

BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread

brilliantly explained with examples here
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:31 pm

Have you clicked "Advanced Controls"? If not then try doing that and inputting "PHX, JFK, MIA" (or similar) in the Outbound routing code then the reverse in the Inbound routing code

Make sure the dropdowns titled Stops & Extra stops further down the page both read "No Limit"
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Out on 16 July, back on 18 July. Many thanks in advance.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:14 pm

If you have any specific flights you want in the routing, you can also use advanced routing codes to specify only results that include them. For example "AA2 AA+" to specify only the 9am departure of AA2 from LAX to JFK, followed by any number of AA flights after that.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you can stretch your dates ever so slightly, you may well find keener pricing - the cheapest deals seem to require departing PTY no less than 3 days later stsrting from LAX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.