BA001 first timer - any tips?

Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by KARFA
At SNN they are very relaxed and friendly CBP agents. They don't seem to have come from the same training school as those at JFK
Oh yes, certainly relaxed and friendly, I have no complaints about that. But still a much "longer and in-depth" discussion than I have had at any other US airport.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
My memory may be playing me false, but I seem to remember that when this service launched, it was said that you didn’t have to disembark at Shannon, and that US immigration came into the plane and precleared you from the comfort of your seat. Does that ring a bell with anyone? If so it seems a very long way from modern airport security.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Greg66
My memory may be playing me false, but I seem to remember that when this service launched, it was said that you didn’t have to disembark at Shannon, and that US immigration came into the plane and precleared you from the comfort of your seat. Does that ring a bell with anyone? If so it seems a very long way from modern airport security.
These reports are from 2009 (the year it was launched) and show that they had to disembark:
https://www.businesstraveller.com/tr...y-to-new-york/
https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....op-in-shannon/

Perhaps staying onboard was suggested in the pre-launch marketing but it turned out not to be achievable in practice?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by sudge27
and a there's a little outside smoking area for those that way inclined
At SNN or LCY or both ?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:05 pm

Literally just flew this flight last Thursday!

There is no longer a lounge but you will get free hot breakfast in the Pilots restaurant after going through security.

About the transit at Shannon, you need to deplane with all the carry on at Shannon and then to go through another security check. After the security checkpoint, you will enter the Shannon Duty Free shop, which actually has better selection and cheaper prices than London City Duty free shop. However you have to do your duty free shopping quickly.

If you have checked baggage, please wait for the announcement before going through the pre-clearance checkpoint. They need to unload the bags first. If you have no check in bag, you can go straight through to the pre-clearance area. But if you have check-in bags, just wait a bit (no longer than 10 minutes after deplaning at Shannon) before going through the checkpoint.

It is a nice flight but unfortunately I feel that the ending dates are coming soon. The in-flight service is just like a typical Club World flight and the food is unimpressive. I will post my report once I upload the pictures.

Here is the link to the full photo album! I will post the trip report with attached photo tomorrow morning or later in the week!

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...uttleApril2018
Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Apr 23, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
Originally Posted by Carfield
and the food is unimpressive.
BA1BankerShuttleApril2018 by Carfield76 | Photobucket
Carfield
Just looked at your pics and have to agree with your comments regarding the food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.