Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inverness WTP pricing problem - Need help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I've found the same on BA.com when pricing DUB/JER to USA starting the night before it's forcing outbound into Club also. Very annoying
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I don't know either -- but despite being a valid route and connection with the correct available inventory, multiple BA agents have been unable to get my JFK-LHR-INV itinerary to price automatically including an overnight connection at LHR. It therefore seemed like a reasonable explanation when BA told me this is a problem with their systems (and that they are aware of it).

I wonder if it works in certain situations and not others? If so, would be interesting to know what situations those are…
Is this type of itinerary only capable of being priced using the multi-city page? If so, then my guess would be that if there's an extra line for LHR-INV and the cabin selector is set to premium economy, the system is pricing every line as "premium economy or above". As there is no premium economy on LHR-INV, it's got to book that into Club, and then the cheapest combinable fare is a Club fare for LAS-LHR-INV or JFK-LHR-INV.

ITA uses a similar logic, which means that you have to use advanced codes to price some itineraries that include WT+ on some but not all sectors.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Prospero
Domestic connections do not follow the flat 24 hour rule - see..

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/air-pass...ic-connections
For domestic connections where the airport the second flight arrives at is the same as the first flight departs from, these flights aren’t connected. For example, Manchester to Edinburgh and then Edinburgh to Manchester, isn’t a connected flight.
Does that mean that if you lived somewhere between GLA and EDI then you could do a GLA-LON-EDI day business trip and avoid paying APD on the 2nd segment by treating it as a connection? Does that get applied automatically?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Sorry folks but been away for a bit. The flight landing in London is too late to get on the Inverness flight on the 16/12 hence the overnight to 17/12 but the connection time is LESS than 24 hours so still not sure how this forces the changes.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I have now also tried....

I30/11/18 - INV to LHR on BA1649
30/11/18 - LHR to LAX on BA269

15/12/18 - LAS to LGA arriving at 10:50 then changing to Heathrow
16/12/18 - LHR to ABX

Quotes fine on Google. Forces me into Club World on BA.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What happens when you phone BA to book?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

I tried phoning the first lot and that time it was only giving me the 2 stop option at the time which having read the last few posts and the 24hour thing, i kind of get. Hoping though someone knows how to beat the "computer says no" option
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dolfinco
Quotes fine on Google. Forces me into Club World on BA.
Again: Are you using the ba.com multi-city page to book? If so, the possible reason that I have surmised above means that if you phone BA, my money would be on you easily getting the price that Google/ITA will show. If ITA can price it, then 99% of the time it is bookable so long as there is availability; IME it's rare for ITA to get the rules wrong.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Again: Are you using the ba.com multi-city page to book? If so, the possible reason that I have surmised above means that if you phone BA, my money would be on you easily getting the price that Google/ITA will show. If ITA can price it, then 99% of the time it is bookable so long as there is availability; IME it's rare for ITA to get the rules wrong.
I was yeah. I will give it another try then. Thanks.

PS - Matrix isnt quoting it correctly, its only google.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dolfinco
PS - Matrix isnt quoting it correctly, its only google.
ITA Matrix will do it correctly if you leave the cabin selector on Cheapest and choose WT+ by using the "f bc=t" switch. If you change the cabin selector to Premium economy, it will do what I think the BA multi-city page is doing: every sector must be in premium economy or higher. But that's not what you want because that forces an itinerary which is in Club rather than ET on the short-hauls.

Last edited by Globaliser; Feb 27, 2019 at 8:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.