Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long needed to Transfer to Domestic at DELhi

Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Hi

I am flying on BA257 to Dehli, and need to transfer on to Jaipur.

I have 2 options one departing at 9:10 and another departing at midday.
Will it be possible to make a 50 min connection in DEL assuming an ontime arrival?

The flights are only Ł20 so if there is a fair chance, Ill book a ticket on each plane.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:40 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
50 minutes connection time is very very risky in DEL. Give yourself more time.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stewaran
I have 2 options one departing at 9:10 and another departing at midday.
Will it be possible to make a 50 min connection in DEL assuming an ontime arrival?
No.

India requires a lot of patience, but it is worth it.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Nice to have a definitive answer :-)
Ill go for the midday.

I will be in Jaipur Friday, then Bangalore on Monday with a free weekend in the middle. Any recommendations welcome
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
At that time of morning , queues at immigration can be long. Then you have to get bags and clear customs.
Allow for 2 hours.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
At that time of morning , queues at immigration can be long. Then you have to get bags and clear customs.
Allow for hours.
DO you think the Midday flight should be safe? (gives me 3.hours and 40 mins) Ill be in CW so should at least be near the front of que of BA pax
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
That will be fine
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
That will be fine
Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by stewaran
I will be in Jaipur Friday, then Bangalore on Monday with a free weekend in the middle. Any recommendations welcome
Will you be spending your free weekend in Jaipur?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsak
Will you be spending your free weekend in Jaipur?
no idea as yet. I has a Friday meeting added to my schedule just this morning. meaning i will have a whole weekend free.(was planning to arribe into Bangalore Sunday originally)

So have not given it any thought as yet. but would be free to leave Jaipur by 2pm on friday. with the only requirement being in Bangalore by Sundat evening
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:59 am

Do you enjoy history or a bit of modern eclectic environment ? Jaipur, if you're into history, otherwise a flight to Bangalore friday night and spend the weekend at pubs/malls/restaurants with a fairly mixed crowd.

Jaipur - fair amount of palaces and temples, though they keep turning palaces into hotels. There is Hawa Palace where you can have lunch, others you can visit too for coffee and take a sneak peak. There is Amer fort which is ok and I'm sure you'll see a camel ride somewhere closeby too
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
If you’re not going back any time soon and haven’t been before then you must go to Agra and see the Taj Mahal, can you fit that in? I did it in a day from Delhi with an early express train.
ETA that Jaipur is wonderful, one of my favourite world cities.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Sorry to hijack this thread - I'm arriving at 0115 into DEL T3 from LHR on BA 143

I need to fly on to Vadodara (BDQ) and the first direct flight is with Indigo at 0510 from T2

Is this a safe connection time?

I'm Indian so know my way around Indian airports...but not done a T3-T2 transfer at DEL before....pro at BOM transfers

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I've taken BA 143 a few times, including this year in March and the immigration process has been pretty quick (I guess maybe even quicker for you as a national, but you will know better) and baggage ok.
If memory serves me correctly the transfer is just a few minutes walk between terminals.
I think this is more than ample. My guess is the issue will more be not getting too tired or bored waiting for the next flight through the wee hours.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
I've taken BA 143 a few times, including this year in March and the immigration process has been pretty quick (I guess maybe even quicker for you as a national, but you will know better) and baggage ok.
If memory serves me correctly the transfer is just a few minutes walk between terminals.
I think this is more than ample. My guess is the issue will more be not getting too tired or bored waiting for the next flight through the wee hours.
Thanks! Not a national but should be quick regardless.

I have priority pass so will use one of the lounges to kill time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.