Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Quintessentially Ending Presence At T5 Concord Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist

Just got the email below from Quintessentially.

Reading other threads it appears this happened late last year so seems random they would reach out now.

Dear Coathanger,

I hope this message finds you very well.

I am emailing to inform you that our presence within the T5 Concord Lounge has come to an end.

Should we be able to help and support you in any way, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am only too happy to better explain our services and understand how we can best be of assistance to you.

Based in over 60 cities around the world, we provide complete lifestyle management for our members' every need, both at home and abroad.

My very best,

Liam
Lifestyle Client Services Manager
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Good thing that they knew how to spell the name of the place, though.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It ended, and the Q team departed, in October 2017!
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Never used them myself and never really had any need to.
No email for me but that's hardly a shock seeing as they couldn't even remember my birthday the other day
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Never used them myself and never really had any need to.
No email for me but that's hardly a shock seeing as they couldn't even remember my birthday the other day
Are you a Q member? The email is from Q to their customers, not from BA.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Were they not generally considered to be fairly useless?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Good thing that they knew how to spell the name of the place, though.
It's an appropriate testament to Quitessentially's record of achievement.

As an ex-member of Quintessentially I had a call with one of their sales reps a few months ago and told her I was open to believing they'd changed and so asked for some basic information to be sent to me. Still waiting.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Yep.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:00 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Only fairly?

I often wonder why it’s so hard to get to decent concierge service off the ground, the demand seems to be there... but they all seem to over promise, under deliver and spend everything on branding, marketing and not a penny to back up the service behind it.

Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by amt
Only fairly?
It's a Friday, it's sunny, we're all being as positive as we can be They paid people to post positive things about them on this forum, yet still managed to have a terrible reputation. RIP.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345
It's a Friday, it's sunny, we're all being as positive as we can be They paid people to post positive things about them on this forum, yet still managed to have a terrible reputation. RIP.
Did they?

Q hasn't died, it is still going strong. It is only the Q desk in the CCR that has gone - and it left some 6 months ago!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
It all depends who you get as your client manager. A friend of mine has a Q client manager that she says is Brilliant. Nothing too much trouble and etc.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by amt
I often wonder why it’s so hard to get to decent concierge service off the ground, the demand seems to be there... but they all seem to over promise, under deliver and spend everything on branding, marketing and not a penny to back up the service behind it.
They should rebrand as Virgin Concierge East Coast, that name would suit them well.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:40 am

I was told by Q last week that they cancelled the arrangement for BA First customers to be provided with free Quintessentially services as of March 1st 2018. In practice, I believe this was free service two weeks either side of a First booking. I tried using this offering a number of times over the years, and was always disappointed. Being quoted $300 car transfers from Manhattan to JFK, never attaining any amazing restaurant bookings, slow response times, etc. I still get spammed from them regularly though.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by amt
I suspect that it requires flair and branding in order to get off the ground, attributes which are almost never combined with the necessary operational efficiency and customer centricity required to actually provide a good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.