FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lounge Access Upon Arrival? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1904851-lounge-access-upon-arrival.html)

ron187 Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Lounge Access Upon Arrival?

I'm going to be flying on a shorthaul BA flight arriving in LHR and then departing on a Virgin Atlantic flight later that day out of T3. What are the chances I could use my BA ticket and Silver card to access the plethora of wonderful One World lounges in T3 before my Virgin flight departs?

gms Apr 19, 2018 1:30 pm

No chance!

KARFA Apr 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ron187 (Post 29660975)
I'm going to be flying on a shorthaul BA flight arriving in LHR and then departing on a Virgin Atlantic flight later that day out of T3. What are the chances I could use my BA ticket and Silver card to access the plethora of wonderful One World lounges in T3 before my Virgin flight departs?

unfortunately not possible at all. You need to be departing on a oneworld operated and marketed flight to access those lounges.

DYKWIA Apr 19, 2018 1:31 pm

About 0% chance.. But you knew that already :D

ron187 Apr 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Ah too bad - I'm not used to the European lounge access rules. I can get into AA lounges on either end of my domestic flight and nobody bats an eye. Thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated!

Genius1 Apr 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ron187 (Post 29661045)
Ah too bad - I'm not used to the European lounge access rules. I can get into AA lounges on either end of my domestic flight and nobody bats an eye. Thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated!

Admirals Club membership rules differ from oneworld rules.

These are the oneworld rules:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

eefor jfp Apr 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ron187 (Post 29661045)

if you're flying Virgin, you'll leave from T3 where AA has their club. If you have your Admiral's Club card, do you also need a same day boarding pass to get in? You didn't used to and I don't know the answer, so I'm wondering. The AA website says you only need a boarding pass if you want to access Alaska or Qantas lounges.

madfish Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm

There are also a couple of paid lounges in T3 you may be able to use if you have access via priority pass or similar.

sunshinebob Apr 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Can you use the AA Arrivials lounge at T3 airside?

terms and conditions for entry.

Sealink Apr 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Priority Pass have the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge in T3... but it's landside.

jerry a. laska Apr 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob (Post 29661449)
Can you use the AA Arrivials lounge at T3 airside?

terms and conditions for entry.

Not if flying to LHR on BA shorthaul.

lostinlondon Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 29661643)
Not if flying to LHR on BA shorthaul.

Yes, but all AA club members have access, regardless of onwards flight (according to AA.com)

jerry a. laska Apr 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by lostinlondon (Post 29661669)
Yes, but all AA club members have access, regardless of onwards flight (according to AA.com)

The Arrivals Lounge is not an Admirals Club and flying BA shorthaul into LHR will not provide access to the Arrivals Lounge even if one is an Admirals Club member. (I was responding to sunshinebob's post about Arrivals Lounge access).

An Admirals Club member would have access to the Admirals Club by virtue of Admirals Club membership.

But we haven't yet established if the OP is an Admirals Club member or is merely seeking access by status.

lostinlondon Apr 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 29661699)
The Arrivals Lounge is not an Admirals Club and flying BA shorthaul into LHR will not provide access to the Arrivals Lounge even if one is an Admirals Club member. (I was responding to sunshinebob's post about Arrivals Lounge access).

An Admirals Club member would have access to the Admirals Club by virtue of Admirals Club membership.

But we haven't yet established if the OP is an Admirals Club member or is merely seeking access by status.

Fair, just assuming an AC membership, which is obviously very different.

popmagnet Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

If you don't mind paying, the No. 1 Lounge is nicer than any of the oneworld lounges in T3 imho.