Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA F catering Crème brûlée

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
As a native French speaker, you can imagine my pain as French culinary terms are being misused once again. Sadly, there is no end to this. I still shiver every time a Yankee call their main course an "Entrée"
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I literally thought this was an Irish stew.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thebigben
As a native French speaker, you can imagine my pain as French culinary terms are being misused once again.
Oui mon ami.....looks more like a créme anglaise au chocolat to me.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Much much too dense to be a mouse. It also has barely any flavour at all. Thick, hard, brown, tasteless stodge is a more accurate description.
I didn’t say it was a good mousse 😀. I was trying to approximate based on what adding eggs, cream, sugar and chocolate should result in!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:30 am

Perhaps the OP ordered a kir royale?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Airprox
Much much too dense to be a mouse. It also has barely any flavour at all. Thick, hard, brown, tasteless stodge is a more accurate description.
No definitely not a mouse! I think a mouse might have more flavour but they would probably serve it as a starter, not a dessert.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:22 am
Suspended

Hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that anyone would expect something listed on an airline menu, in any class, to bear anything more than a superficial resemblance to what you are served.

If your standard of comparison is McDonald's, then airline food will not disappoint you. If your standard is Michelin starred, then airline food will always disappoint you. No doubt if they served that disgusting looking ??? to the entire planeload of passengers, there would be a few who pronounced it 'the best Chocolate Creme Brulee they had ever tasted.'
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
That's not as bad as the cheese 'brulee' being served in Club World as a starter. There is no such as cheese brulee. It is more like a cheese souffle. The person that writes the rubbish on BA's menu needs to be taught what the correct culinary terms are rather than just making stuff up to make it sound fancy!
choosethedrew and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
A quick Google search suggests that there is definitely such a thing as cheese brûlée. And I just thought it was a posh name for Welsh Rarebit...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by atcer28
That's not as bad as the cheese 'brulee' being served in Club World as a starter. There is no such as cheese brulee. It is more like a cheese souffle. The person that writes the rubbish on BA's menu needs to be taught what the correct culinary terms are rather than just making stuff up to make it sound fancy!
Yep saw it the other day and it was a strange concept by any standard and not a very appetising one.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Send this to Gordon Ramsay on Twitter for him to lambast :-)
Sat behind him in F to SFO last year...he didn't eat a thing...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by atcer28
..........................The person that writes the rubbish on BA's menu needs to be taught what the correct culinary terms are rather than just making stuff up to make it sound fancy!
I get the impression the menu writers are in the same league as some of the staff let loose on the airline’s official Twitter feed.

Over on the Group Boarding 2018 thread, a poster who had complained to BA reproduces their response, which included the bizarre phrase “Domestic flights are quite small”. Struck me as more like nursery school talk.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load
Struck me as more like nursery school talk.
Being old school and despite the extortionate postal cost courtesy of Correo Argentino I recently used pen and paper to get in touch with BAEC Customer Services in Uxbridge.. Ten days after the letter was posted my inquiry was resolved to my satisfaction. That's the problem nowadays....noone has any patience.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rakehey
Sat behind him in F to SFO last year...he didn't eat a thing...
I sat behind Mr Ramsay in F a couple of years ago when he was entering the Ironman in Hawaii. He ate bacon sandwiches, cheese plate and many, many cups of coffee - the athlete's perfect diet! I wasn't surprised to hear he had to pull out of the race half way through!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:35 am

It was my other half that served you that!

She knows her Crème Brulee too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.