Wiki Posts
Search

HBO seat allocation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
HBO seat allocation

I thought that I had read about b a reintroducing seat choice on HBO tickets but was reading up on our great Stickies where it says
"Allocate seats for yourself and other members in your party free of charge, at the time of booking (excluding exit row seats in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus and all seats booked as Hand Baggage Only fares)."
Did I imagine this?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
They have reintroduced it for status members (normal status rules per level I think). I certainly have been able to book my seats at the time of booking recently for HBO.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For Basic fares (previously known as HBO) free seat selection based on status has been back since June last year HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]

Has been working for me since then.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Worked for me(GCH), when I bagged 2-exit row seats to LBA on a HBO booking for flights in June.

Looking forward to getting my free drink on the 20-minute flight back to my home city
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:58 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I thought that I had read about b a reintroducing seat choice on HBO tickets but was reading up on our great Stickies where it says
"Allocate seats for yourself and other members in your party free of charge, at the time of booking (excluding exit row seats in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus and all seats booked as Hand Baggage Only fares)."
Did I imagine this?
Always works for me as a Silver - selecting the seat on an HBO (including exit rows) comes up during the booking process, ie seat can be selected before making the payment.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BA
I just booked HBO NCL - LHR for myself + 2 kids (kids for free) 9/9 and could select seats for all three of us for free - I am silver
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I thought that was the case but quoted from our stickies which, perhaps, could be updated.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:25 am

Hi BA FT gurus,

Hopefully a quick question related to this thread before I call BA and get it wrong

Can I call BA as a Gold to get a seat assigned for someone on a different PNR/HBO fare (same flight/same cabin)? Do they need to confirm their own details with BA?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by lavajava
Hi BA FT gurus,

Hopefully a quick question related to this thread before I call BA and get it wrong

Can I call BA as a Gold to get a seat assigned for someone on a different PNR/HBO fare (same flight/same cabin)? Do they need to confirm their own details with BA?

Thanks!
Thought I would come and answer my own question just in case it's helpful to someone else...

Called BA to get this sorted, and was all very efficient most likely due to using conference calling. I was able to provide both PNRs (booked through a corporate agent), conference my colleague to provide data protection including passport number) and get the seat request in. Seems without the conference the other person needs to add you as a third party nominee to the booking, which sounds far from ideal.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi BA FT gurus,

Thanks!
Thought I would come and answer my own question just in case it's helpful to someone else...

Called BA to get this sorted, and was all very efficient most likely due to using conference calling. I was able to provide both PNRs (booked through a corporate agent), conference my colleague to provide data protection including passport number) and get the seat request in. Seems without the conference the other person needs to add you as a third party nominee to the booking, which sounds far from ideal.
Actually the policy on this is no you can't do free seat selection on to another booking if the other person is on a basic fare.

It would be good to know whether the seat change is actioned - the process involves the agent on the phone doing the TCP bit and taking the seat request details, then sending the request to the back office to action which normally takes 1-3 days.

Let us know whether it works in your case.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Actually the policy on this is no you can't do free seat selection on to another booking if the other person is on a basic fare.

It would be good to know whether the seat change is actioned - the process involves the agent on the phone doing the TCP bit and taking the seat request details, then sending the request to the back office to action which normally takes 1-3 days.

Thanks, @KARFA - I assume they just won't process the seat request but I will provide an update either way. It wasn't mentioned as not allowed on the phone, good to know
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

To my surprise, I just checked my colleagues booking and they have been assigned an exit aisle as requested
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.