Search

London - New Zealand - Taipei - London

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Cymro
Even better:

As above, just add a £100 Malaysia Airlines economy fare and a night in KL beforehand. With this option, your positioning flights don't need to be in business, either.
Wow! This looks amazing. Thank you! I must admit, I tried to use it but just could not for the life of me work out how to. Would I just insert in my own flight from NZ - TPE in the mix there?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vegelion
Wow! This looks amazing. Thank you! I must admit, I tried to use it but just could not for the life of me work out how to. Would I just insert in my own flight from NZ - TPE in the mix there?
You'd need to add two - I'd recommend Qantas for the day flight AKL-SYD-TPE, and then you'd also have to fly MH TPE-KUL.

Those are likely to add £550 or so in total, plus another £200 or so for the positioning flights - taking you very, very close indeed to the all-MH option posted above, which has the advantage of being all in business class for the flights around Asia Pacific.

Don't forget that AKL-SYD-TPE is nearly as far as LHR-HKG or LHR-BKK, so that's a substantial amount of economy flying you'd have to do with my option. (Despite that, it is good value, but not as good as the other one posted later, if those dates work for you!)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:05 pm

Here's an example of those MH fares for reference.

Note that you can also route via MEL/SYD in either/both directions instead of the direct KUL<>AKL flight - gets extra TPs and if you pick the right flight you get to try the QF A330. Adds about £50 extra each way.

Cymro likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apologies - I thought I had responded - turns out I hadn't ! I also hit the 24 hour message limit.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Does anyone have any hints or tips when using the ITA search matrix? How do I best see what is out there - do I first need to set the dates and know the routing of the flights that I need to go to be able to try and find the best deals? How have various people done the searches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.