Wiki Posts
Search

Random message on App

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Question Random message on App

“BA1498 now boarding at gate A19” has pooped up on my IPad and IPhone, I don’t fly for another 3 days and it isn’t on this flight. What would cause this .

Regards

DtB
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Possibly a ghost srctor. Did you have any other bookings that you have altered or cancelled?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Nothing I can think off, last flew this flight on 2nd Apr and everything seems to have posted ok from it, next due to fly it next week.

DtB
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Down the back
“BA1498 now boarding at gate A19” has pooped up on my IPad and IPhone, I don’t fly for another 3 days and it isn’t on this flight. What would cause this .

Regards

DtB
BA's IT isn't exactly the best....probably a glitch.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I've had it where I've cancelled an RFS booking within the 24 hour cooling period and I had to phone to do that. They create a ghost sector, I guess while they process the cancellation manually but at some future point I get an app message to tell me my flight's boarding, the same route but a later date. In MMB the booking ref stays live for a few days with a note (I think) saying 'there are no flights associated with this booking' or something about processing a cancellation.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC
My app was crashing on startup just before the OP posted his query last night but was working around 10pm. I think BA was having an IT wobble.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
Flight bookings data on the BA app is not updated in the same way as the website MMB; cancelled, changed, or ghost bookings often remain on the app for many months until the date of the booking has passed; I have several of these on my BA app as I write this. If the incorrect booking is on the APP it will still issue boarding and check-in messages automatically. Just ignore.

Last edited by themax; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:55 am Reason: grammar
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
This probably needs to be merged with the App thread, but it happens -- even without ghost bookings or cancelled bookings. I've not had it for a little while, but about twice a year or so I'll get boarding alerts for a flight I've never even contemplated taking, and have no other flights about the same time.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcuk
I've had it where I've cancelled an RFS booking within the 24 hour cooling period and I had to phone to do that. They create a ghost sector, I guess while they process the cancellation manually but at some future point I get an app message to tell me my flight's boarding, the same route but a later date. In MMB the booking ref stays live for a few days with a note (I think) saying 'there are no flights associated with this booking' or something about processing a cancellation.
This has jogged my memory, I did indeed have an RFS booked back from OTP to GLA on this flight when I thought I would miss my flight home after PHX TP run at Easter, did indeed cancel within 24 hours when BA rerouted me.

Thanks for clearing this up, it did give me a fright last night as I thought I had made a mistake with this weeks bookings and should have already been at the ai4port.

Cheers

DtB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.