Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA eStore Reversals Common or just me!?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
I made a purchase with AO.com on Tuesday, the click was registered, but as yet no record of pending Avios.

It does say allow 5 days to pend, but in my experience it usually appears next day - fingers crossed.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:17 am

Purchase from Lands end is not showing as pending and despite following the instructions the system will not allow me to send the information.

does anybody have an email / twitter account so I can follow it up?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by twincheeks
Purchase from Lands end is not showing as pending and despite following the instructions the system will not allow me to send the information.

does anybody have an email / twitter account so I can follow it up?
I think you need to wait a few days before you're allowed to send a claim.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Just had a reversal from Curry's of 1666 Avios. Purchase was last July, points tracked ok, and arrived in my account at the correct time. Then a week ago they were removed from the account.

I know I met the correct criteria and purchase conditions. Its so annoying that they take the points away with no explanation.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:38 am

Always have problems with Booking.com

Since BA took over from Avios last summer I have had problems with Avios points from Booking.com. I had booked 8 hotels through the old Avios site which were showing as pending, then they all disappeared at the same time in September. I contacted BA and was told that they would show after I had been on the trip, which was not until the following summer. I then booked another hotel through the link and this time it did not come uo as pending, I went on the trip, it still did not show, I contacted again, told wait 28 days. Waited, still no show, booked further hotels, again using the link, again not shown as pending, (although always record on my history that I visited the booking.com website!). To cut a long story short I have contacted BA avios via phone about 12 times since October and have emailed about 4 times. Email reply comes back saying I didn't go through BA link. I Whenever I ring I get told it will be sorted but still waiting! Contacted booking.com who confirmed link us broken but STILL BA will do nothing! Currently missing about 12,000 pending Avios points and 4
2000 points that should have already been redeemed so I am not happy and BA have been useless! Does anyone know how I can escalate my complaint? Don't know if I can contact trading standards ir similar organisation but am very unsatisfied and frustrated by BA by still refusing to give me Avios/BA points I am entitled too!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk josie79 and welcome to the BA Forum, it certainly sounds like a frustrating process and since the amount of Avios is significant then it isn't worth letting going of it.

Now I'm not a lawyer, but what I do know is that if you are UK based, Trading Standards is a local authority responsibility. What most LA have done is contracted Citizens' Advice to act as gatekeepers to Trading Standards:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ing-standards/

You can also take direct action using MCOL (Money Claim Online) perhaps in reference to the Consumer Rights Act. There is a thread on the latter in the Dashboard. And for more information on MCOL, you can perhaps also look at the EC261 compensation thread in the Dashboard. This matter isn't under EC261, and the thread is an annual one, but in the threads' archives you will find experiences of using MCOL in there. Also here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...een-delivered/
josie79 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver,
Originally Posted by Scrudgy
Just had a reversal from Curry's of 1666 Avios. Purchase was last July, points tracked ok, and arrived in my account at the correct time. Then a week ago they were removed from the account.

I know I met the correct criteria and purchase conditions. Its so annoying that they take the points away with no explanation.
I have a battle going on with Currys and the eStore at the moment. Currys say that I didn't meet the criteria for their offer. I brought a Ł1,800 TV, the purchase tracked and I provided the receipt so I can't see why not. My conclusion from reading other forums (Topcashback are having the same issue) is that Currys PC World is just fundementally dishonest. They want the advertising provided by the cashback sites but don't want to pay out the promised rewards. Hopefully the networks behind the cashback sites will deal with this.

Raise the claim and keep pushing for a resolution!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Currys and PCWorld should be avoided at all costs. Their business practices border on the fraudulent .

After several issues with them and Avios I just shop elsewhere.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:17 am

Like many others I've had reversals from of Currys/PC World Avios months after they were awarded. My opinion of the company wasn't too high before but now they've lost my business going forward, as if they quibble so much over a few Avios it makes me wonder how much of a struggle it would be if I had any issues with the products bought from there.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I currently have a negative balance of -60k Avios due to reverals of Agoda transactions.

I did cancel some stays but also completed some, and now it’s incredibly hard to figure out which should still post.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:06 am

If anyone does have an email or phone number for the e-store Avios team it would be appreciated as I also cannot get the missing avios form to submit and have some missing avios? Thanks. (i did try the exec club but they said they did not have)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:03 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
Where can I sign up for the class action lawsuit? The support team has yet to give me a response after contacting them 3 times.
watersign likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by josie79
Since BA took over from Avios last summer I have had problems with Avios points from Booking.com. I had booked 8 hotels through the old Avios site which were showing as pending, then they all disappeared at the same time in September. I contacted BA and was told that they would show after I had been on the trip, which was not until the following summer. I then booked another hotel through the link and this time it did not come uo as pending, I went on the trip, it still did not show, I contacted again, told wait 28 days. Waited, still no show, booked further hotels, again using the link, again not shown as pending, (although always record on my history that I visited the booking.com website!). To cut a long story short I have contacted BA avios via phone about 12 times since October and have emailed about 4 times. Email reply comes back saying I didn't go through BA link. I Whenever I ring I get told it will be sorted but still waiting! Contacted booking.com who confirmed link us broken but STILL BA will do nothing! Currently missing about 12,000 pending Avios points and 4
2000 points that should have already been redeemed so I am not happy and BA have been useless! Does anyone know how I can escalate my complaint? Don't know if I can contact trading standards ir similar organisation but am very unsatisfied and frustrated by BA by still refusing to give me Avios/BA points I am entitled too!
Booking transactions take aaaaaaaaages to post, and that’s after the stay is complete - I wouldn’t worry too much.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by andyinflitwick
I have a battle going on with Currys and the eStore at the moment. Currys say that I didn't meet the criteria for their offer. I brought a Ł1,800 TV, the purchase tracked and I provided the receipt so I can't see why not. My conclusion from reading other forums (Topcashback are having the same issue) is that Currys PC World is just fundementally dishonest. They want the advertising provided by the cashback sites but don't want to pay out the promised rewards. Hopefully the networks behind the cashback sites will deal with this.

Raise the claim and keep pushing for a resolution!
Same - I have raised a claim and accused them of fraud, none of these are large transactions Avios wise but they are definitely fraudulently withdrawing the Avios many, many months later. Crooks.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Actively looking to switch from BA eStore to some cashback site, or perhaps back to Nectar. On two separate transactions now, they have either been declined or reversed months later. When contacting the merchant, they agree to process the reward, but then contacting BA eStore, a very brusque copypaste response saying "no" arrives a casual 12 days later. I'd contact Citizens Advice or Trading Standards, but the amounts of Avios in question are not worth the hassle.

It's just idiotic that they would antagonise customers like this over petty amounts of points. They'll give 5,000 Avios for service recovery at the drop of a hat, but then drag you into a months-long game of email tennis over 200 Avios. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just award these to avoid the ill will and public threads like this? Just makes no sense.
josie79 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.