Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA eStore Reversals Common or just me!?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Not sure if anyone knows, but there is a potential to pick up 500 avios currently for a 2.99 spend https://www.shopping.ba.com/retailers/simplycook
T&C simply states first purchase, of which the price is 2.99

Thoughts?
I gave it a whirl too, at least I'll eat well for the next four meals if nothing else. Though by the time I got there, the price had ballooned up to a full £3.00.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by groenroos
I gave it a whirl too, at least I'll eat well for the next four meals if nothing else. Though by the time I got there, the price had ballooned up to a full £3.00.
As they say on Wall Street, you've got to speculate to accumulate. You don't become a wolf without 3 quid gambles
groenroos likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
As they say on Wall Street, you've got to speculate to accumulate. You don't become a wolf without 3 quid gambles
Well, it looks like the £3 gamble has paid off:

Jordan Belfort; watch out!
TTmex and groenroos like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by alex67500
I have one with Sonos where I preordered in May, so the points didn't come straight away. The items were delivered 3 weeks ago, not sure what to do now. Chase it up straight away or wait a little longer...
Bumping my own post, BA have answered that my last click was from another marketing source, which is of course complete and utter BS. Since reading this thread I always start with a fresh Incognito mode session and do nothing else in-between.

I've asked to get proof of that "other marketing source", I don't know if I'll hear back. I've let smaller ones go in the past, but this is for 10+k Avios so I'm cheesed off!

I sometimes wonder if they're purposefully running a scam. I mean, I was going to buy the speakers anyway, but they shouldn't promise things and then not deliver them. Priority luggage delivery springs to mind
wilsnunn and groenroos like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Bumping my own post, BA have answered that my last click was from another marketing source, which is of course complete and utter BS.
My favourite one so far was with Cornerstone when the eStore first claimed I was ineligible for the introductory Avios because I had bought from them before (I hadn't), then changed their mind and claimed I had come from somewhere else (I hadn't), and then after one more U-turn finally claimed that I used a coupon code (which was on the website itself, and not an exclusion on the eStore page at the time).

Even Cornerstone themselves agreed that I should be eligible for the reward, but even they could not persuade the eStore to give it to me. It was from then on that I knew that the eStore is very little short of a scam.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I've generally not had too many problems with it, but I do take screensshots of my click just before making a significant purchase, just so I can prove if needed.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I had a few hundred mysteriously grabbed back from my account weeks after being awarded. Three weeks later I am still awaiting the outcome of the investigation
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Since reading this thread I always start with a fresh Incognito mode session and do nothing else in-between.
I do the same, but I have found even more success when using the Executive Club app.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:16 pm

I have purchased from a number of retailers during lockdown who offered generous Avios rates but whom I've never purchased from before. High street brands. I am now seeing a succession of reversals when everything was bought at full price and not returned.

What is the f**king point. It's completely dishonest.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mks6
I have purchased from a number of retailers during lockdown who offered generous Avios rates but whom I've never purchased from before. High street brands. I am now seeing a succession of reversals when everything was bought at full price and not returned.

What is the f**king point. It's completely dishonest.
Have you got in touch with them to ask why? I've never had a reversal in all the years I've used the E-Store but this thread is making me paranoid!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by James91
Have you got in touch with them to ask why? I've never had a reversal in all the years I've used the E-Store but this thread is making me paranoid!
I was firmly in the same boat as you up until 2 months ago. Never had an issue in years. Now I'm just seeing random reversals and pending rates being posted at less than advertised rates.

I contest when a reversal hits but I find it hit and miss unfortunately.

In fairness, my bigger rewards are fine, but the smaller ones do add up.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:26 am

I've asked to get proof of that "other marketing source", I don't know if I'll hear back. I've let smaller ones go in the past, but this is for 10+k Avios so I'm cheesed off!
So, interesting outcome. I've now received my Avios, as "a goodwill gesture from Sonos UK". I had to go back and forth with them for over a week.

Of course, it's not goodwill, I think they couldn't prove what they claimed, so they caved.

Now I'm expecting a reversal in about 6 months time because it was a preorder. I placed the order when there was a 10 avios per pound offer but the items only shipped when it was back to 5.

I'm going to stop expecting this to work because it's not the worth the aggravation. But I also don't like people taking the proverbial.
dougzz, wilsnunn and FamilyOf6 like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:47 am

If you made the purchase to extend the expiry date of your Avios, does the reversal negate that? Or does it also count as “activity” therefore extending the expiry date further?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by lemonpie
If you made the purchase to extend the expiry date of your Avios, does the reversal negate that? Or does it also count as “activity” therefore extending the expiry date further?
I tend to think it counts as activity -- Booking and then cancelling a redemption flights seems to reset the clock.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
it’s now dropped to 300 avios at a £3 purchase!

Also - I had 734 avios grabbed back from a Hotel Chocolat purchase and noted as ‘spent’. Then about 2 months later, they were reinstated again!
TTmex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.