Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast with Alex Cruz 25/04/18

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:28 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Mike Gold
And the (new) furniture in the CCR is........

Perfect summary of his talk!
Haha I'd forgotten about that comment!

The above response was after I asked about CCR holders, and what improvements we could expect.

M
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by florens
Nothing regarding short haul, such as Club Europe, msm2000uk?
Nothing other than the WiFi comment, discussion about new routes, and the new lounge in Rome.

M
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I spoke to Cruz for 25 minutes on the train after breakfast. Got allot of info out of him....
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tedcruz
I spoke to Cruz for 25 minutes on the train after breakfast. Got allot of info out of him....
And...
rockflyertalk and tedcruz like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

One other to add, was that AC is an HfP reader....and indeed he made reference to the BA article published today.

Well done Raffles!

M
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I think BA have done a fair paced job with all the refurbed aircraft. Credit where it’s due. There must be a good 25+ refurbed aircraft in the last 2-3 years.

So if this anything to go by I can’t see why the same pace can be achieved for a new CW seat on existing aircraft. With just one cabin to fit, rather than the whole aircraft this can’t take more than 30 days each, can it? how long does it take QR to fit their QSuites on each aircraft?

Thank you for all the info

I’d be keen to hear about the train chat with Senor Cruz...
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
One other to add, was that AC is an HfP reader....and indeed he made reference to the BA article published today.

Well done Raffles!

M
Not sure that Raffles will want to put an "As read by Alex Cruz" banner on his site though .....
msm2000uk and Calum like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Post the event, I walked with Cruz to the tube station where we got on the same train. He told me about why it's hard to get the new Club catering out onto all routes and he did say that he hopes by the end of the year all routes will have the new bedding.
Onto lounges. He said that the reason why the Rome lounge was different to the usual Galleries style, is due to the lack of resources. He said that the new lounge in Aberdeen (ABZ) will be the normal/new style lounge.
Group boarding. I told him about biometric boarding being a good idea but it doesn't really help with group boarding as any one can stand in Group one and board. I also questioned the fact that Groups 2-3 and 4-5 are mixed together. He said that the technology to start specifying the biometrics to group number is complicated. But he said that BA will introduce a member of staff standing by the gate directing you to your selected groups lane. Due to space, they can't split groups 2-3 and 4-5.
US pre clearance will not be introduced at T5.
The BIGGEST piece of news I got was about the new NEOs. When I questioned why BA chose to remove the Club table he was shocked. He said that wasn't his decision and he will investigate why it was removed. He told me he will do his best to get it back as he knows how important it is.
There was more about the new Club World seat....

Last edited by tedcruz; Apr 25, 2018 at 7:26 am Reason: Mistake
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:20 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
That sounds like a strange rationale for the Rome design. And sad because the Rome design looks nicer?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Post the event, I walked with Cruz to the tube station where we got on the same train. He told me about why it's hard to get the new Club catering out onto all routes and he did say that he hopes by the end of the year all routes will have the new bedding.
Onto lounges. He said that the reason why the Rome lounge was different to the usual Galleries style, is due to the lack of resources. He said that the new lounge in Aberdeen (ABZ) will be the normal/new style lounge.
Group boarding. I told him about biometric boarding being a good idea but it doesn't really help with group boarding as any one can stand in Group one and board. I also questioned the fact that Groups 2-3 and 4-5 are mixed together. He said that the technology to start specifying the biometrics to group number is complicated. But he said that BA will introduce a member of staff standing by the gate directing you to your selected groups lane. Due to space, they can't split groups 2-3 and 4-5.
US pre clearance will not be introduced at T5. There was more about the new Club World seat....
The BIGGEST piece of news I got was about the new NEOs. When I questioned why BA chose to remove the Club table he was shocked. He said that wasn't his decision and he will investigate why it was removed. He told me he will do his best to get it back as he knows how important it is.
Interesting. He didn't know about the tables? Bizarre.

The preclearance thing really is nowhere near his remit, and we've had the discussion here before about this not happening at LHR for many reasons.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Interesting. He didn't know about the tables? Bizarre.
Maybe he didn’t get the PowerPoint about it.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Interesting. He didn't know about the tables? Bizarre..
He's not that good a reader of @Raffles' HfP after all.
DVT, florens, JustTheOne and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ringingup
He's not that good a reader of @Raffles' HfP after all.
Nice!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Well done Raffles!

M
That wasn't clear to be fair. He said that he'd read about the First Class changes in an article published this morning but he didn't - in the talk - specifically say it was on HFP. Did he separately mention that offline?

We exchanged pleasantries as he headed out but that was all. Amusingly Natasha from the Press Office was with him and, when she saw me, stopped for a chat. Alex carried on out of the door. About a minute later Alex walks back into the venue, says 'we have to go!' and off they went..
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
He told me about why it's hard to get the new Club catering out onto all routes and he did say that he hopes by the end of the year all routes will have the new bedding.

There was more about the new Club World seat....
A few questions:

(1) Why is it so hard to get the catering rolled out?
(2) Did he address the service time issues?
(3) The above implies that while bedding may be fully available by year's end, catering may not be?
(4) Are you going to tell us about the seat??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.