10 Year Gold Gift

Old Apr 16, 18, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
10 Year Gold Gift

I must give credit where it is due. On a short CE flight, I was recognized for being a Gold member for 10 years and given 4 splits of Castelnau Champagne to take onward. The steward actually showed me on his tablet where it said I was 10 years Gold.

The strange thing is that I have been a Gold member for most of the last 20 years, and I am fairly sure for well over the last 10 years consecutive, but we mustn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you BA!
rockflyertalk and SuperstarDJ like this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I first made Gold on 17 Feb 2007. Been Gold ever since. Thanks for reminding me to look this up on the ba97 calendar where I made a note of the relevant flight.
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Ag, Ex VS Au, Avis Pres Club, Enterprise Plat, Ex Marriott Plat, HHonors Ag, Priority Club Au
When reading the thread title I interpreted it as being given gold status for 10 years. That would be some gift!!
florens likes this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:58 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I must give credit where it is due. On a short CE flight, I was recognized for being a Gold member for 10 years and given 4 splits of Castelnau Champagne to take onward. The steward actually showed me on his tablet where it said I was 10 years Gold.

The strange thing is that I have been a Gold member for most of the last 20 years, and I am fairly sure for well over the last 10 years consecutive, but we mustn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you BA!
I had the same thing on my way back from DUS in CE a few weeks ago...
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:58 pm

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Must be something new. I have been Gold (or GGL) for over 20 consecutive years and I have never received anything like this!
SuperstarDJ likes this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by themax View Post
Must be something new. I have been Gold (or GGL) for over 20 consecutive years and I have never received anything like this!
27 consecutive years, nothing at any of the milestones. Except I did get GFL about 10 years before 35000 TP's became public.
themax likes this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 7:18 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 'andad View Post
27 consecutive years, nothing at any of the milestones. Except I did get GFL about 10 years before 35000 TP's became public.
How did you manage that? My BA account says member since Jan 89. I was at 100,000 TP when the FLs began and had been averaging around 7,000 per annum before that!

Interestingly, I've not had an invitation to anything since becoming one of the first LTGGLs! But (despite what it sounds like) am not bothered - a perk for me is meeting people like
KARFA and Tobias-UK in the CCR - I always seem to miss c-w-s by minutes!
Old Apr 17, 18, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had this happen a few weeks ago but they said it was my 5 year anniversary, despite being gold since 2009!
Nice gesture though!

Last edited by philm11; Apr 17, 18 at 12:55 am Reason: Mistake!
Old Apr 17, 18, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by philm11 View Post
Had this happen a few weeks ago but they said it was my 5 year anniversary, despite being gold since 2009!
Nice gesture though!
It sounds similar to My Flightpath. A nice idea/gesture, but with somewhat faulty data.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:20 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
There was the Loch Fyne steak pack a good few years ago
Old Apr 17, 18, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by morges1 View Post
Interestingly, I've not had an invitation to anything since becoming one of the first LTGGLs! But (despite what it sounds like) am not bothered - a perk for me is meeting people like
KARFA and Tobias-UK in the CCR - I always seem to miss c-w-s by minutes!
I have never had an invitation to anything since becoming a GGL! I am trying not to take it personally tho

Nice to bump in to you and mrs morges1 last Thursday, shame it was so brief.
Old Apr 17, 18, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
'andad post - 27 consecutive years, nothing at any of the milestones. Except I did get GFL about 10 years before 35000 TP's became public.

[QUOTE=morges1;29648823]How did you manage that? My BA account says member since Jan 89. I was at 100,000 TP when the FLs began and had been averaging around 7,000 per annum before that!

I have often wondered how as well ! I have dug up the letter from BAEC, date Feb 2002, inviting me "to become one of the first BA LTG EC members". I still don't know why, I had rarely exceeded 3500 TP's in a year, also member since 1989 like you (Gold within first year). I did continue to fly in pretty empty aircraft while the RAF attacked someone (Libya?) and BA check in areas were moved to far corners of some airports, and 4 very empty flights on Sept 12th & 13th 2001, but I doubt stubborn loyalty came into it. At the time GFL felt quite special, & I certainly have appreciated the benefits now that I only fly for leisure (BA), GFL works both ways.
Any advance on Feb 2002 anyone, or insight ?