Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

In praise of BA (crew) ..a more positive note

In praise of BA (crew) ..a more positive note

Old Apr 16, 18, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold QR Plat
Smile In praise of BA (crew) ..a more positive note

I posted yesterday evening about a BA related horrific incident i witnessed but I wont re-open that here, I just wanted to note while I share many of the hard/soft product gripes repeatedly discussed here. with my BA travels increasing dramatically in the last year including a fantastic LHR-JFK return in First completed last week i really do believe BA have some of the finest cabin crew of any airline. I split my time mainly between Doha and London and have used QR extensively in premium cabins for my global travels. IMHO BA crews are far superior and first with a good crew is a wonderful way to travel and one i am fortunate enough to be able to do now with greater frequency i dont buy into the hyperbole of BA F being a decent business class.

to close I just want to thank those BA crew are are trying their hardest who are let down by poor management and lack of investment.

I am looking forwards to my LHR-LAX F trip on the 787-9 in a few weeks
Old Apr 16, 18, 11:54 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Yup. A great crew in any class make the difference.
SLF and CC want BA to be a great airline. Cruz wants his bonus.

WPP need a new boss. Couldn't he p*** off to WPP?
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by ClubflyerLondon View Post
I split my time mainly between Doha and London and have used QR extensively in premium cabins for my global travels. IMHO BA crews are far superior
IMHO they are not.
Old Apr 16, 18, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I think this comes to personal preference, i enjoy the more natural/relaxed service style on BA maybe its cultural bias as im British, but i find the QR service to be a bit stiff and the crews are always a bit apprehensive as at QR a simple complaint can lead to immediate termination for the cabin crew member .
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG, Club, Virgin FC Red
Do BA have any kind of program to encourage training / mentoring / coaching etc, so that really great crew can share their "magic" with colleagues? I'm guessing this is limited by the divisions between the fleets (WW, Euro, Mixed, Gatwick, CityFlyer) and you'll never get an inspirational worldwide crew member working alongside someone with strong future potential in Mixed Fleet?
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Perhaps a case of the seven year itch? In 2011 you wrote: I have always found QR to be vastly superior to BA in all regards.

However as recently as two months ago you still appeared to prefer Middle East carriers to BA when you wrote: ... the business class offering (falcon gold) is more compelling than BA on the LHR-BAH route ... seat and service better on GF ...
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by ianwall View Post
Do BA have any kind of program to encourage training / mentoring / coaching etc, so that really great crew can share their "magic" with colleagues? I'm guessing this is limited by the divisions between the fleets (WW, Euro, Mixed, Gatwick, CityFlyer) and you'll never get an inspirational worldwide crew member working alongside someone with strong future potential in Mixed Fleet?
Dont be stupid, BA wont let any other fleet near MF crew, we are nothing in BAs eyes and the sooner we leave the better.
ianwall and Waterhorse like this.
Old Apr 16, 18, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Perhaps.... yes i did write those things from 2003-2013 I flew BA frequently in club/first then fell out of love with them after i was spending alot of time in DOH and on QR , I do acknowledge the product shortcomings BA has in my original post however I still maintain that a good BA crew is hard to beat.

I certainly would take BA F over QR business class any day...Club World is a different debate and I am in the fortunate position that F is my most frequent cabin on BA these days if I was travelling Club World vs QR frequently then my perspective may be different as i said earlier its down to personal preferences.

in regards to GF the question was BA J Vs GF J i would still propose GF J if it was BA F Vs GF J i would recommend BA F every time
Tobias-UK likes this.

Last edited by ClubflyerLondon; Apr 16, 18 at 3:10 pm Reason: further info
Old Apr 16, 18, 5:08 pm

I agree. I flew QR J for the first time last Sept. The routing was iad/doh/cpt. The first segment the service was fine but the main course(filet of lamb) was well done and almost inedible. ON the second segment (dep. doh 2am) I ordered the Filet sandwich. it was also well done and in addition was full of gristle and inedible, When I told the fa her response was "I'll let catering know" and walked away. I really don't understand all the hoopla about qr J/ On the same trip I returned on BA jnb/lhr/iad in F. The service was excellent and the food was very edible. I am traveling in about 4 weeks iad.lhr.bcn on BA in F. I am very much looking forward to it.
Old Apr 16, 18, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I have to be honest here.

I've not noticed much difference between the crews of the numerous airlines I've flown on over the years....from Air China to Emirates, Ryanair to Pluna etc etc.etc. they have all been satisfactory at doing their job. I'm not the chatty type right enough.
Old Apr 16, 18, 5:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Glad the OP enjoyed their flight.

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I have to be honest here.

I've not noticed much difference between the crews of the numerous airlines I've flown on over the years....from Air China to Emirates, Ryanair to Pluna etc etc.etc. they have all been satisfactory at doing their job. I'm not the chatty type right enough.
36,257 posts says otherwise
HIDDY, cgtechuk and GBobon like this.