Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aberdeen airport check in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Aberdeen airport check in

At the BA check in area at Aberdeen I went to check in (Silver and Club europe)
for my flight.

but they told me they can give me my boarding pass but cant take my suitcase until 4.20pm, two hours before the flight.

this is mad! I just want to get in the lounge..

is this the correct procedure for Aberdeen ? Or has the check in girl given me duff info ?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hungry
is this the correct procedure for Aberdeen ? Or has the check in girl given me duff info ?
Yes it is, it should say so in MMB under the flight details in Checkin / Other ways to check in. Ditto at GLA.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is, it should say so in MMB under the flight details in Checkin / Other ways to check in. Ditto at GLA.
pain! My suitcase is tiny but have much liquids
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
GLA hasn’t been too bad the last couple of times I’ve been there early. Said to the check in agent myself about luggage and she said it’s okay now - but don’t take that as gospel

S
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Unfortunately ABZ only has a capacity to hold luggage for one flight at a time - hence the delay in accepting it. Been caught myself by that too!
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster

and not even any free wifi in terminal! Poor

My mistake. There is free WiFi. But it’s BT Openzone so assumed it was paid !

Last edited by hungry; Apr 16, 2018 at 8:57 am
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antichef
Unfortunately ABZ only has a capacity to hold luggage for one flight at a time - hence the delay in accepting it. Been caught myself by that too!
id have thought for CE / status passengers they would make an exception
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
id have thought for CE / status passengers they would make an exception
That's about half of Aberdeenshire, I would say.
Passmethesickbag likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:49 am

Apparently nowhere to keep the bags separate, unlike LHR where is can be done for one or two flights ahead.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
The Northern Lights lounge is at least a decent place to wait once you are through. One other thing that caught me out on my first visit to ABZ is the fast track security queue isn't clearly signposted and the official at the entrance didn't direct us accordingly ... it's the one on the right of the boarding pass check desk if you are in the same boat.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:50 am

That's about half of Aberdeenshire, I would say.
... and Angus, where I travel from.

ABZ and EDI flights are very status heavy in my experience.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by antichef
... and Angus, where I travel from.
Oh yes, sorry. Spot all the Landrovers and Volvos in the car park. I better add the good people of Moray just in case.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

COMPLETELY off topic ,

I seem to have acquired a £100 note in Scotland.. does anyone know what is its legal tender status in England? I.e. will I be able to spend it ?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:07 am

COMPLETELY off topic ,

I seem to have acquired a £100 note in Scotland.. does anyone know what is its legal tender status in England? I.e. will I be able to spend it ?
Well present it to your London cab driver with a huge smile, and see what he says.

I would buy a few things in ABZ that you would need anyway at some point in your life (plasters, pencils), or you can cash the note via a bank in England if you have an account, and you may be able to use is in NCL or CAX at a pinch, but further south than that may lead to an indelicate response. A lot of places are reluctant to take £50 English-Welsh notes.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
take it to your bank and they will change it for you.

Shops etc may take them but at their own discretion. Given some places look at a Bank of England £50 note with suspicion expect a higher level of scrutiny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.