Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

What the Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away - T5 F lounge catering

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
It’s bad enough that the plebs have been bashing BA, now the Mods are getting in on the act!
Sadly, mods bashing BA isn't new!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Petrus
We've not a had a good 'you mods are all in the pay of BA' post lately.

Next time I'm in GF I shall ask for a poached egg and salmon given the last lot of scrambled was tepid.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Petrus
Clucking outrageous.
AJLondon, Petrus, NWIFlyer and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The mention of coffee grains makes me speculate if I feed tea leaves to chickens, will they lay pre-tea-stained eggs? Inquiring minds want to know

Chickens are indeed highly omnivorous, they will even kill mice and other vermin if they can get hold of them and then eat them, let alone small insects. This appears to horrify some amateur chicken-keepers, especially when a cat flushes mice and the chickens go for the mice. Chickens are about as harmless and docile as, well, a cat.

(The yolk colour varying with diet is also well known to me, though perhaps I know more domestic chicken keepers than average).

If you like your eggs very yellow, you can always add a little turmeric and cumin to the scrambled eggs, which tastes great.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Clucking outrageous.
Eggscellent. The yolk’s on you.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The colour of an egg product is entirely due to the diet they eat
Reminds me of the advice I was given as a child although, to my regret, I didn’t heed the advice until middle-age:

You are what you eat.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:34 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I personally like a nice yellow hit, but it's entirely cosmetic and the egg in the photo is probably just as tasty and nutritious.
I can’t speak for the nutritional value, but certainly can taste - there simply wasn’t any! A friend of mine who also keeps chickens in New Zealand assures me that if any of hers produced an egg that colour she’d whip it down to the vet sharpish ...

Originally Posted by gcuk
I'd just stick to the Tattinger. It's never too early for a glass of Champagne!
Absolutely the best option. To be fair, I didn’t need too much encouragement ...

I’m now sitting in a third party lounge in ARN awaiting my onward flight. They’ve just brought some potato gratin out - it’s wholesome and tasty. Now we know the Swedish nation probably eats more healthily than we do, but shouldn’t BA start being slightly concerned that they’re being comfortably outdone by Aviator?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I can’t speak for the nutritional value, but certainly can taste - there simply wasn’t any! A friend of mine who also keeps chickens in New Zealand assures me that if any of hers produced an egg that colour she’d whip it down to the vet sharpish ...

Absolutely the best option. To be fair, I didn’t need too much encouragement ...

I’m now sitting in a third party lounge in ARN awaiting my onward flight. They’ve just brought some potato gratin out - it’s wholesome and tasty. Now we know the Swedish nation probably eats more healthily than we do, but shouldn’t BA start being slightly concerned that they’re being comfortably outdone by Aviator?
As someone who was born in Sweden, I have indeed been to the ARN lounge many times, and it is one of my favourite non-BA biz lounges. Don’t forget to try the beers on draft (Bulldog Beer, brewed in Gotland ) the meatballs, knäckebröd, and sometimes they have pyttipanna (Swedish hash).

All excellent food for an outstation lounge!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
m now sitting in a third party lounge in ARN awaiting my onward flight. They’ve just brought some potato gratin out - it’s wholesome and tasty. Now we know the Swedish nation probably eats more healthily than we do,
Hmm...Not if Gothenburg is an example.
Up the main shopping street it seems every second row of shops has a MacDonalds
And as for their normal lunch being Hot Dogs......
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
The scrambled egg thread is back eggscellent
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree the colour is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the BA lounges scrambled eggs just as the BA onboard scrambled eggs (including in F and CCR) are not made of fresh eggs but of the pasteurised egg mix in cartons inclusive of its various added products. So no, thank you.

Incidentally, as mentioned above the same people who sell those cartons of scramble mix also sell pre-poached eggs.

So as far as I am concerned, I stick to the soft boiled eggs. Sure, they cook them wrong 70% of the time but at least they are eggs and come in a shell the way eggs are supposed to. I suspect the second safest bet are the fried eggs and I think that so far in the lounge case the poached eggs are fresh too but that might not stay like that forever.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:45 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
The scrambled egg thread is back eggscellent
Don’t forget the rather bland salmon ... I should think the source of that was a bit fishy as well ...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by flatlander
Chickens are indeed highly omnivorous, they will even kill mice and other vermin if they can get hold of them and then eat them, let alone small insects. This appears to horrify some amateur chicken-keepers, especially when a cat flushes mice and the chickens go for the mice. Chickens are about as harmless and docile as, well, a cat.
The dinosaur ancestry perhaps?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Judging by the lack of pith on the lemon wedge I'd say it's from a genetically modified tree.

(I am father to six lemon trees so I know what I'm talking about.)
Genius1 and Cap'n Benj like this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Judging by the lack of pith on the lemon wedge I'd say it's from a genetically modified tree.

(I am father to six lemon trees so I know what I'm talking about.)
Pith off
HIDDY and itsmeitisss like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.