BA UUAvios False pricing

Old Apr 15, 18, 9:58 am
Original Poster

BA UUAvios False pricing

BA really need to get the finger out. I complained about this ages ago and nothing done about it. Not sure if its deliberate to fool people into paying more online for a service they can get a lot cheaper by calling BA.

Here is the normal PEC price from London to Las Vegas which is coming in at 847.56

When you put in upgrade with Avios Option it comes out at 1482.56 + 60,000 Avios which is an additional 635 whereas if you phone that price reduces by circa 500.

BA obviously know about this. Ive now told them twice and im sure im not the only one. Would anyone who had booked online have a potential claim against them ?
Old Apr 15, 18, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Old Apr 15, 18, 10:24 am

Yes this is a known issue and is discussed here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...os-club-world/ . It seems to only (largely?) impact flights to/from USA. I ran into this on a cash J ticket upgrading to F. Easiest solution was to book cash fare as step one. Then as step two via website upgrade immediately using Avios. This worked perfectly for me. In my case the difference in prices was north of $10,000!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: