Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Priority disembarking when bussed at outstations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I’ve just landed at LIN and CE passengers were bussed to the terminal on their own.

Is this a regular occurrence? I’m actually not sure I’ve ever flown into LIN with BA in CE. I usually fly AZ.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
It may be different at different outstations or perhaps subject to load.

it does not happen at KRK, at krk there are 2 busses, they fill them both and they go. So the only way you would get a business only bus is if everyone from et would fit on the 2nd bus. Not likely unless it is very quiet

i have only had a businness class bus at lhr
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup
I’ve just landed at LIN and CE passengers were bussed to the terminal on their own.

Is this a regular occurrence? I’m actually not sure I’ve ever flown into LIN with BA in CE. I usually fly AZ.
it's relatively recent in Linate. Maybe the last 3 or 4 months. Different on the way back out though, when the only privilege you have is to get in the bus first. It makes the whole group boarding thing meaningless.
TPRun likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are a few other places that do it too, in addition to LHR and LIN - ZTH springs to mind and I've had it once in LIS.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
it's relatively recent in Linate. Maybe the last 3 or 4 months.
It has been like that in LIN for several years (I think there was a post on here when it was implemented, but cannot find it). It also depends on loads; I would say it happens 80/90% of the time so rather consistent.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Happens fairly often at FRA. Sometimes they allow a few rows of ET as well on to the club bus.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I’ve just boarded my return flight LIN-LCY and I think that they have run a dedicated bus just for Group 1, 2 and 3. I am not sure but the bus left half empty, so it is plausible.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by flying_pig
It has been like that in LIN for several years (I think there was a post on here when it was implemented, but cannot find it). It also depends on loads; I would say it happens 80/90% of the time so rather consistent.
LIN?! Aargh!

21 month’s ago I flew BA LHR LIN. Upon arrival at LIN passengers disembarked into two buses (one at front steps, one at rear steps), Rear steps bus drives to terminal first; front steps bus second!

End result - sat in 1A but last in line at immigration. Italian efficiency at its finest!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

End result - sat in 1A but last in line at immigration. Italian efficiency at its finest!
Well, as you can see, things seem to have changed.

Maybe we Italians can do efficiency.

Note: I’m pretty sure the change has been implemented under request of BA. Otherwise, I don’t see why a full rear bus would have to wait for the front one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.