Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Thumbs down CW Breakfast

I know there has been lots of discussion on the new CW catering, however I only experienced the new breakfast options yesterday coming back from MIA. IMHO the full English breakast wrap is a complete abomination. What did the proper full English and separate bacon roll do to deserve their demises?
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
What did the proper full English and separate bacon roll do to deserve their demises?
Full English from MIA? When did you get that? I can't agree about the bacon rolls, they were too crunchy for my likes by the time they got served. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.
tooblue and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:02 pm
Suspended

FULL ENGLISH does that come with builders cuppa of tea
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:13 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
The Bacon rolls were useful. You could do damage to someone who annoys you by knocking them out by throwing the roll at their head
Crazy Dave likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm not that fussed about the lack of a full breakfast service on overnight East Coast flights; the focus on those services is sleep, and there's always Galleries Arrivals at T5 or the AArrivals lounge at T3 if you have time and want something more substantial.

I would love to see a better continental selection with bircher muesli in CW.
SuperstarDJ and NYLON Boy like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
I'm not that fussed about the lack of a full breakfast service on overnight East Coast flights; the focus on those services is sleep, and there's always Galleries Arrivals at T5 or the AArrivals lounge at T3 if you have time and want something more substantial.

Fair enough, but surely a full cooked breakfast option isn't too much to ask for, given the supposed premium cabin and the corresponding fares being charged.
Some will want to sleep, whilst others will want to enjoy the service.
redpalmetto, benjai, GLA and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by w3andw4d
Fair enough, but surely a full cooked breakfast option isn't too much to ask for, given the supposed premium cabin and the corresponding fares being charged.
Some will want to sleep, whilst others will want to enjoy the service.
You do get a full English breakfast in F. I suppose if they gave it in CW there would be less to differentiate F.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
This is the J breakfast served on AA from Miami. Not bad, fruit, biscuit, croissant, frittata, sausage and potatoes. Beats BA CW hands down in my opinion.
bafan and SK like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL

That’s my strategy too. A brick croissant and rubbery piece of egg on a plane never appeals.... Maximise sleep and use the arrivals lounge or simply skip breakfast, which I find can help a little with jet lag too.
Cymro and jerub like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Full English from MIA? When did you get that? I can't agree about the bacon rolls, they were too crunchy for my likes by the time they got served. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.
Same here - a good bacon roll can be heaven but this was just dry and hard, so I'm glad they are replacing it. And indeed, there hasn't been a full breakfast in J on East coast flight (Florida included) for many years.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:04 am

There is always the option of an arrivals lounges for some people (if you arrive before noon-ish). And it works for you, but not for us with connecting flight spending 30-60 mins changing terminals, getting through FCC and security and then running onto a flight where they are serving three slices of tomato and cheese for lunch.

Last edited by Discus; Apr 14, 2018 at 2:22 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by rracks55
Hmm, do I sense a foreigner in the ranks...?
pancakex likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Maybe memory fails, but last April there was at least egg, sausage and bacon.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Maybe memory fails, but last April there was at least egg, sausage and bacon.
Was this on the same route?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:58 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by rracks55

If I am serving you then yes it does
bisonrav and redpalmetto like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.