FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Finnair metal, BA ticket, seat selection? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1903757-finnair-metal-ba-ticket-seat-selection.html)

bisonrav Apr 13, 2018 5:48 am

Finnair metal, BA ticket, seat selection?

Not having a lot of luck online changing seat selection on a BA booked ticket on Finnair - do I call Finnair, call BA or give up as a bad job.

I did a very brief forum search, apologies if this is a FAQ.

UKtravelbear Apr 13, 2018 6:01 am

Finnair as the operating carrier.

S_W_S Apr 13, 2018 6:03 am

I had to contact Finnair over Twitter DM to get seats assigned when this happened to me.

gingerlucy Apr 13, 2018 6:12 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 29635542)
Not having a lot of luck online changing seat selection on a BA booked ticket on Finnair - do I call Finnair, call BA or give up as a bad job.

I did a very brief forum search, apologies if this is a FAQ.

Finnair have a live chat feature on their website so I used this to get seat allocations. They were very helpful.

gcuk Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am

Originally Posted by gingerlucy (Post 29635601)
Finnair have a live chat feature on their website so I used this to get seat allocations. They were very helpful.

+1 on the live chat feature. The only annoying thing is that the chat 'button' is only visible when a consultant is available so you need to keep checking back.
A bit old world but a telephone call to Finnair also works ;)

ThatT1Feeling Apr 13, 2018 8:57 am

Yep me too - live chat, seat arranged on the A350 in 30 seconds. Couldn't find any other way of doing it (AY metal, AA ticket in my case)

OhDoctor Apr 13, 2018 11:03 am

I have BA ticketed/AY operated tickets and ended up calling their customer service for seat selection. Super helpful and was only on the phone for 5-10 minutes.

bisonrav Apr 13, 2018 11:19 am

Thanks all, I'll call Finnair.

It's a work trip to Vilnius via Helsinki. I didn't choose the flights but was delighted to find I'm on the A350. At the front of the economy section which looks a decent seat.

flatlander Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm

I have also phoned Finnair for seat selection when their website did not work for some reason and they were helpful and responsive. Their Finnish phone number is staffed 24hrs.

(BA take note of this schedule!)

florens Apr 13, 2018 11:36 pm

I am puzzled to read that this still doesn‘t work . It‘s been a known issue for nearly 1.5 years now. Very frustrating IMO.

Grace B Apr 14, 2018 1:51 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 29638700)
I am puzzled to read that this still doesn‘t work . It‘s been a known issue for nearly 1.5 years now. Very frustrating IMO.

Worked fine for me recently, with an avios booking HEL-FCO.

bisonrav Apr 14, 2018 1:51 am

Closing the loop on this, the call to Finnair worked just as people describe - very quick response, efficient and friendly.

RandomStan Jun 11, 2018 4:08 am

Cheers for this thread - incredibly useful! I had four Finnair flights (BA codeshare) as part of my overall BA booking, and wasn't able to reserve seats online. After consulting ExpertFlyer, I sent off my list of four seat requests to the FinnairHelps twitter handle - within two hours they had sent a message back confirming reservation of all my preferred seats. Excellent stuff - and can agree with @bisonrav that they're very quick, efficient and friendly! :)

aidy Jun 11, 2018 6:42 am

i booked an AA ticket on Saturday with the A350 leg on AY, and the seat selection worked fine online (however it did take 2 attempts)

fatlasercat Jan 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 29636146)
Yep me too - live chat, seat arranged on the A350 in 30 seconds. Couldn't find any other way of doing it (AY metal, AA ticket in my case)

I contacted them via chat. They took a while said there was some problem, but at the the end they said seats confirmed. However, I don't see the seats selected on either the BA or AY site's manage booking feature and the seats show unoccupied on expertflyer. Any ideas? Time to call?