Finnair metal, BA ticket, seat selection?

Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Finnair metal, BA ticket, seat selection?

Not having a lot of luck online changing seat selection on a BA booked ticket on Finnair - do I call Finnair, call BA or give up as a bad job.

I did a very brief forum search, apologies if this is a FAQ.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Finnair as the operating carrier.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I had to contact Finnair over Twitter DM to get seats assigned when this happened to me.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Not having a lot of luck online changing seat selection on a BA booked ticket on Finnair - do I call Finnair, call BA or give up as a bad job.

I did a very brief forum search, apologies if this is a FAQ.
Finnair have a live chat feature on their website so I used this to get seat allocations. They were very helpful.
bisonrav and Lefly like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Finnair have a live chat feature on their website so I used this to get seat allocations. They were very helpful.
+1 on the live chat feature. The only annoying thing is that the chat 'button' is only visible when a consultant is available so you need to keep checking back.
A bit old world but a telephone call to Finnair also works
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep me too - live chat, seat arranged on the A350 in 30 seconds. Couldn't find any other way of doing it (AY metal, AA ticket in my case)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
I have BA ticketed/AY operated tickets and ended up calling their customer service for seat selection. Super helpful and was only on the phone for 5-10 minutes.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, I'll call Finnair.

It's a work trip to Vilnius via Helsinki. I didn't choose the flights but was delighted to find I'm on the A350. At the front of the economy section which looks a decent seat.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I have also phoned Finnair for seat selection when their website did not work for some reason and they were helpful and responsive. Their Finnish phone number is staffed 24hrs.

(BA take note of this schedule!)
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I am puzzled to read that this still doesnt work . Its been a known issue for nearly 1.5 years now. Very frustrating IMO.
esledo likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by florens
I am puzzled to read that this still doesnt work . Its been a known issue for nearly 1.5 years now. Very frustrating IMO.
Worked fine for me recently, with an avios booking HEL-FCO.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Closing the loop on this, the call to Finnair worked just as people describe - very quick response, efficient and friendly.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Cheers for this thread - incredibly useful! I had four Finnair flights (BA codeshare) as part of my overall BA booking, and wasn't able to reserve seats online. After consulting ExpertFlyer, I sent off my list of four seat requests to the FinnairHelps twitter handle - within two hours they had sent a message back confirming reservation of all my preferred seats. Excellent stuff - and can agree with @bisonrav that they're very quick, efficient and friendly!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
i booked an AA ticket on Saturday with the A350 leg on AY, and the seat selection worked fine online (however it did take 2 attempts)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yep me too - live chat, seat arranged on the A350 in 30 seconds. Couldn't find any other way of doing it (AY metal, AA ticket in my case)
I contacted them via chat. They took a while said there was some problem, but at the the end they said seats confirmed. However, I don't see the seats selected on either the BA or AY site's manage booking feature and the seats show unoccupied on expertflyer. Any ideas? Time to call?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.