Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

3 booking refs, 1 eticket, 1 segment missing! Do I worry?!

Old Apr 12, 18, 5:31 am
Original Poster

I have just booked a 9 segment trip with AA (via amex travel) on a mix of AA, BA, AY metal. When the details came through everything looks great on the AA site. However, there then seems to be 2 separate booking refs to load the full trip into BA and AY's site (I wanted to change seats which AA wasn't letting me do on non AA fligths), and on top of that, one of the segments doesn't even appear on either the BA or AY sites. Should I be worried, or just relax as AA ticketed it and all is well on their site?

Separately I can't seem to change my seat on the AY flight JFK/HEL. Perhaps AY needs a few days to work the booking through?

Thanks in advance for any help to calm my nerves!
Old Apr 12, 18, 5:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
All is fine, don't worry about it.

I remember certain issues with AY codeshares, from when the TLL fare was around. Getting in touch with AY directly seemed to be the best way.
Old Apr 12, 18, 5:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
BA does not always show all the sectors on non-BA tickets. I have three AA tickets with 8 sectors in each. BA shows one with 6 sectors, 1 with 7 and another with all 8. They are all for the exact same routing.

I would download the AA app and use that and they should all appear on there.
Old Apr 12, 18, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you madfish and BA6501!

[I should have said that this was a semi TP run / premium booking for BA TPs and avios, hence posting here ]
Old Apr 12, 18, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
If, for example, this is OTP-LHR-JFK-PHX, and LHR-JFK is on AA metal, or if it is OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX and LHR-JFK is on BA metal, the flight into PHX will not show as there is no BA flight adjacent to it. This is completely normal. MMB only shows one non-BA flight either side of a BA operated flight.
Old Apr 12, 18, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
If, for example, this is OTP-LHR-JFK-PHX, and LHR-JFK is on AA metal, or if it is OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX and LHR-JFK is on BA metal, the flight into PHX will not show as there is no BA flight adjacent to it. This is completely normal. MMB only shows one non-BA flight either side of a BA operated flight.
I wish it was as clear cut as that. I have OTP/LHR/JFK/LAX/PHX all booked on AA codes despite the TATL being BA. MMB shows all sectors. But on another the return PHX/lAX/JFK is missing from MMB. There really is little consistency.
Old Apr 12, 18, 9:22 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
I tend to load them onto the AA app as well with the PNR. And if everything shows up, then I assume it's fine
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL
I have exactly the same thing - one flight of eight segments is absent on the BA booking, but shows in AA.

Was told not to worry.

However, I'll keep all my tickets as I suspect the Avios/TP award on that segment may require a follow-up for credit.
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
I have exactly the same thing - one flight of eight segments is absent on the BA booking, but shows in AA.

Was told not to worry.

However, I'll keep all my tickets as I suspect the Avios/TP award on that segment may require a follow-up for credit.
Always a good idea to keep boarding passes but there should be no issue in your 'missing' segment crediting. All of my BA/AA itineraries have at least one missing segment on MMB when the booking is made with AA but they appear fine on the AA app and they credit fine every time.
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
[EDIT - too slow, duplicate]
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you made your booking with AA then the AA PNR is the master one and will show all segments correctly.

If the booking includes BA operated or marketed flights there will be a BA PNR. That BA PNR will usually include the BA operated or marketed flights and at least the flights directly before and after. Other flights not contiguous to the BA one will probably be missing however that really isn't a problem. As long as you added your BAEC number in to the booking on AA.com the BA PNR should appear in you upcoming bookings list on your BAEC page after a few minutes.

Sometimes even if your BAEC number is entered in AA.com this doesn't appear to get passed to the BA PNR and the booking will not appear in your upcoming bookings list on BA.com. One way to get your BA PNR is:

- go to the Qantas website and put your AA PNR in to MMB
- when in the booking go to the seat selection section and you should see "Seat selection is only available for flights operated by Qantas. To select seats and manage your booking, visit British Airways site with your booking reference #XXXXX " where XXXXX is your BA PNR
- go to BA.com and look at MMB for XXXXX, the frequent flyer number field will be blank but you can now add your BAEC number and also select seats for the BA operated flights.

Just to complicate things if your AA booking contains AA operated & marketed flights, BA operated & AA marketed flights, and BA operated & marketed flights, you will have an AA PNR and two BA PNRs:

- AA PNR issued on your ticket from AA - used to do seat selection for your AA operated & marketed flights
- BA PNR for seat selection on your BA operated & AA marketed flights
- another BA PNR for seat selection on your BA operated & marketed flights

Was told not to worry.

If the missing segment is an AA one then it's unlikely there will be any issue crediting just because it is absent from your BA MMB. AA are doing the crediting after all for that flight not BA.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Excellent summary above @KARFA. Covers all scenarios I've come across. Can we sticky this somewhere as the same question gets asked at least weekly.
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
If you made your booking with AA then the AA PNR is the master one and will show all segments correctly.

- go to the Qantas website and put your AA PNR in to MMB
- when in the booking go to the seat selection section and you should see "Seat selection is only available for flights operated by Qantas. To select seats and manage your booking, visit British Airways site with your booking reference #XXXXX " where XXXXX is your BA PNR
- go to BA.com and look at MMB for XXXXX, the frequent flyer number field will be blank but you can now add your BAEC number and also select seats for the BA operated flights.
I went to Qantas, entered my AA PNR - which does indeed produce the BA PNR, but there's still one flight missing from the eight (which seems odd to me, as only four of the eight are BA, the other four are AA).

I can only get all eight to display in the AA site using that PNR, it seems. But as they do, and all have seat selections made, I'm sure that it's all just fine.

I used an agent to make the booking and can't spot the e-tkt numbers, so can't tell which carrier was used to ticket; I assume it's a combination based on these results?
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:27 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Bronze, Hertz 5*, Accor Plat, HHonors Diamond, Big White Season Pass
Have you tried CheckMyTrip?
Old Apr 15, 18, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I went to Qantas, entered my AA PNR - which does indeed produce the BA PNR, but there's still one flight missing from the eight (which seems odd to me, as only four of the eight are BA, the other four are AA).

I can only get all eight to display in the AA site using that PNR, it seems. But as they do, and all have seat selections made, I'm sure that it's all just fine.

I used an agent to make the booking and can't spot the e-tkt numbers, so can't tell which carrier was used to ticket; I assume it's a combination based on these results?
Try entering your BA PNR in here https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS which should allow you to see your ticket number.

I suspect it is an AA ticket. As long as your AA PNR (which will be the master one) has all flights then there isn't a problem.

Search this Thread