Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

3 booking refs, 1 eticket, 1 segment missing! Do I worry?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 booking refs, 1 eticket, 1 segment missing! Do I worry?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
Try entering your BA PNR in here https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS which should allow you to see your ticket number.

I suspect it is an AA ticket. As long as your AA PNR (which will be the master one) has all flights then there isn't a problem.
Ticket number begins 125-, so would that be BA? That still only shows seven of eight flights.

The AA PNR can't be viewed in CheckMyTrip above, returns an error.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Ticket number begins 125-, so would that be BA? That still only shows seven of eight flights.

The AA PNR can't be viewed in CheckMyTrip above, returns an error.

Cheers!
That's a BA ticket. Other possibility is that the PNR you have isn't the master one and instead is the one related to BA operated and AA marketed sectors. There may be a second BA PNR out there. Perhaps ask your agent?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
Excellent summary above @KARFA. Covers all scenarios I've come across. Can we sticky this somewhere as the same question gets asked at least weekly.
Thanks gcuk. It is taken from post 7 of the TP run thread as I thought it would be relevant to those booking mixtures of AA and BA there. Probably not an obvious place if you are not familiar with that thread tho.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The key is that there is one e-ticket number on BA stock, eg. 125-. PNR's are purely administrative and each carrier will assign a PNR to at least (and possibly more than) its segment(s).

That at least shows that you have paid travel. In addition to your e-ticket, you also have reservations. The e-ticket is proof that you paid for them.

If your BA PNR does not show all segments, then call BA and have this fixed. Same thing with other carriers. If that carrier's PNR does not show segments it operates, call.

All of this is especially true when you are using third-party ticket vendors who like to call themselves TA's. Not the case here. But, some of them like to patch together multiple e-tickets into one or more PNR's and then publish that onto an itinerary which makes it look as though you have a single journey when you don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.