Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

Madrid T4S Transfer

Madrid T4S Transfer

Old Apr 16, 18, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Slow luggage at t4 madrid

Originally Posted by nozmeister View Post
+1 for taking hand luggage. My luggage has failed to make flights numerous times with connections this short at Madrid.
agree luggage is slow at MAD. Waited about 35 minutes for mine at t4 after disembarking in t4s - on the upside my bag was no.1 arriving so just made my train transfer to central madrid
Old Apr 20, 18, 2:37 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I almost never take hold baggage to MAD these days. I invested in a really nice Briggs and Riley cabin bag which is the largest BA will permit, and has lots of clever space saving stuff also. It'll go in the overhead bins even of the little Embraer 190s when there used to be a daily LCY option.

Between that and my laptop bag I can do a 4-5 day trip relatively easily with a bit of forethought in the packing. Which is usually the longest I want to be in Madrid anyway ;-)
Old Jul 18, 18, 3:31 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Honours Diamond, Marriot Silver
I have a LHR - MAD - CMN (Casablanca) flight upcoming booked on a single ticket with BA flight numbers. The LHR - MAD flight is BA metal 06.20hrs departure arriving MAD 09:40hrs. The onward flight is Air Nostrum (Iberia Express) departing 10:25hrs so a 45 minute connection. This is the only same day flight connection option (MAD-CMN operates once a day). I'm content with the short connection and if it goes wrong it'll be a BA/Iberia problem to sort out and if checked luggage arrives with me I'll take that as a bonus.

Reading the forum I see BA flights from LHR arrive terminal 4S non schengen. I assume CMN flight also departs non schengen.

Can anyone with MAD knowledge help me with:

1. Arriving non schengen and departing non schengen for these flights can I avoid all passport checks in MAD?
2. Where do Air Nostrum flights generally or CMN specifically depart from? Is it T4S or is a terminal/satellite change likely? Do these flights normally depart from a remote stand?
3. Will a security check at MAD be required during the connection process?
4. Is there anything else it would be helpful to know to make the connection as fast and easy as possible?

Thanks

Last edited by cwl; Jul 18, 18 at 5:12 am Reason: Correct error
Old Jul 18, 18, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
1 - No passports.
2 - T4S, almost certainly a bus gate.
3 - Yes, off the BA456, up a couple ramps to the top floor, walk along to the central area, security off to your left while passports are straight ahead. Relatively quick, then you just head downstairs and go through duty free (where the lounge is).
4 - There's a Royal Air Maroc in the evening on which Iberia codeshare, so if you do miss your connection you should be put on that. You have an hour, if the BA456 is on time it is more than doable, bags may not make it though.
cwl likes this.

Search this Thread