AY Bid to Upgrade TPs

Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
AY Bid to Upgrade TPs

I'm visiting Russia next month (Chilean passport makes it a lot easier), outbound on a redemption so I get to try the ex-BMI A321, and snagged a bargain inbound flight of LED-HEL-JFK-LHR (with a few days stop at each) on a combination of AY and AA metal for £260 in Y. There's an option to bid for an upgrade to J on the eight-hour HEL-JFK leg, starting at €480.

Is the wisdom of this forum that (provided the bid is successful), that's a good deal, and would I accrue the J TPs and Avios for the upgraded sector? Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:38 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Special offer upgrades at the airport won't get J TPs and Avios, so it might be you won't with these either...others may know better than me...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
AY's POUG does not get additional credit (see TP Run thread post 5) and I suspect the bid system would be the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.