[9 April 2018] disruption at LCY

Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
[9 April 2018] disruption at LCY

Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone might happen to know what has led to all of the disruption at City today. I'm due to be on the 8709 from Edinburgh to City which is currently showing on the app as delayed until 18.34 and arriving at 00.40? All other City flights have been cancelled for the rest of the day from Edinburgh so I'm wondering whether it's even worth seeing if I can switch to a Heathrow flight?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Overcast cloud at 200ft, high delays forecast all evening. Unless Heathrow is significantly worse for you, I'd look at getting switched.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Can't even see the other side of Canada Square so must be horrible at LCY
jimbobjamest likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
As expected the flight has been cancelled. The wonderful lounge agents at EDI managed to get me on a flight to LGW. Many thanks for your help!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:10 am

Close to LHR can hardly see the top of large trees in the area.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Significant fog in Canary Wharf as well, I don't think there will be many more flights operating to/from LCY today.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Raining all day with low cloud about 10 miles from LHR
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:48 pm

LTN has looked horribly grim all afternoon too. But then again, it's been like that for decades...
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: FB Gold, MB Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I'm actually in Canary Wharf today and visibility is bad, sometimes less than 200 feet. My flight into LCY this morning got delayed because of the weather (ATC at one point reported LCY closed, though that was a mistake according to the pilot).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mpkossen
(ATC at one point reported LCY closed, though that was a mistake according to the pilot).
I'm not sure it made much difference given this end of the day board. The bits not in red are largely diversions. So TXL-SEN, ZRH-LGW, NCE-SOU (can that be year round please), DUS-BHX (ditto), DUB-BHX.

mpkossen likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
CWS, not like you to miss that the OP was a first time poster and give a welcome
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by antichef
CWS, not like you to miss that the OP was a first time poster and give a welcome
Oh yes, thank you, I hadn't spotted it, the new FT layout is making it harder for me to spot new members.

Originally Posted by flyingscotsman21
Hello all,
So yes, welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum flyingscotsman21, with apologies for the slightly delayed arrival there. Thanks for flagging up the issue (which from the weather forecast may persist on and off until the weekend possibly) and I hope that we will see more of you in the future.
flyingscotsman21 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Well, the 14:45 to Frankfurt was due to a blocked toilet.. :-D
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
My mother-in-law hasn't been having much luck with her flights back to Glasgow lately, and I think fared slightly better last night than with previous cancellations at the hands of FR or U2.

​​​She was due to be on the 1930 flight to GLA, which was cancelled just as she got to the airport. Sounds like all the check-in desks were used for rebooking, and she was put on the 0710 from LHR, plus a hotel, plus a cab to get her there.

And as the person who booked the original flight, I've just received a text message survey asking about the flight experience!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by teflon
My mother-in-law hasn't been having much luck with her flights back to Glasgow lately, and I think fared slightly better last night than with previous cancellations at the hands of FR or U2.

​​​She was due to be on the 1930 flight to GLA, which was cancelled just as she got to the airport. Sounds like all the check-in desks were used for rebooking, and she was put on the 0710 from LHR, plus a hotel, plus a cab to get her there.

And as the person who booked the original flight, I've just received a text message survey asking about the flight experience!

LCY for irrops does seem to be one of the better places to be with rebooking, hotels, taxis and prepaid cards for EU261 issued where appropriate pretty quickly,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.