Travelling on G-MEDN

Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by 710 77345
interesting that BA now have a row of non-reclining seats that aren't by the exit. The back couple of rows should be best avoided.
I was under the impression - quite possibly incorrectly! - that BA only open up the final two rows for selection once the loads dictate they need them? I thought I had read that in another thread, can any insiders confirm/deny?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I flew on this plane out to Madrid at the weekend (and back on a different A321) . The seats weren't noticeably different/less comfortable although we were in exit rows both ways with acres of leg room, which helped. The back right toilet is very cramped, but perfectly usable for someone of normal size and mobility.

I thought there was supposed to be USB charging with the refitted seats - no sign of that yet.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:12 am

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The rear seats are also likely to be narrower than others. Did you see if they were?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flatlander
The rear seats are also likely to be narrower than others. Did you see if they were?
The picture in post 11 shows the same armrest, and I can't believe they would have designed a narrower main seat just to squeeze it in. It looks the same seat minus the rear slab.

Bet it feels claustrophobic, the 737s on other European airlines certainly feel like that (some mid cabin seats have no window), along with our own Delta Kilo.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I for one would appreciate a window in the toilet. Something to look at while you do your thing.
The issue with that is that some, such as those sat in row 37, might find the loo-with-a-view seat preferable to the seat they've been assigned.

Has it really become that bad..?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:34 am

Sadly, yes.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I for one would appreciate a window in the toilet. Something to look at while you do your thing.
There is at least one plane flying for BA which has this feature: G-CDEB, one of the Eastern Airways Saab 2000s. There's a picture of the view in a rather old trip report of mine.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by teflon
There is at least one plane flying for BA which has this feature: G-CDEB, one of the Eastern Airways Saab 2000s. There's a picture of the view in a rather old trip report of mine.
And all the 747s in F
Tobias-UK and tedcruz like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Another minor point. I don.t thing G-MEDN will be operating any Mixed Fllet routes for a while.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by BA6501
And all the 747s in F
of course! I've never had the pleasure...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Another minor point. I don.t thing G-MEDN will be operating any Mixed Fllet routes for a while.
Why is that?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tedcruz
I’m pretty sure we’ve already seen it on PMI (and maybe KRK?). Could be wrong though.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The picture in post 11 shows the same armrest, and I can't believe they would have designed a narrower main seat just to squeeze it in. It looks the same seat minus the rear slab.
That's quite interesting, since as far as I know the fuselage is already narrower that far back and unless the aisle got significantly narrower, something has to give in the seats. On Easyjet, who I think have a very similar seat layout as BA will have, the last two rows have noticeably narrower seats.

Is the aircraft in fact not getting narrower at that point in the fuselage, by the last row of seats (easiest way to see: look for a bend in the overhead bin alignment)?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by BA6501
And all the 747s in F
Can't see and "do" much though!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.