Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will I lose my Hotel booking if I don't take the flights?

Old Apr 9, 18, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member

I have a BA Holiday booking coming up, and want to upgrade to Club Europe. The upgrade cost via BA Holidays is high, but I can book my own tickets for a cheaper cost. If I just leave the booked flights as-is, I will be a no-show for those tickets. Will there then be any knock-on effect for the hotel booking?
Old Apr 9, 18, 4:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, BA Gold
That's a good question and I would like to know the answer too! I've wanted to do this before but didn't actually go through with it
Old Apr 9, 18, 5:51 am

If you skip the hotel booking, it doesn't affect the flights.

So I would guess that the hotel booking would probably remain intact if you decided to skip the flights.

However - don't try and take the return leg if you haven't flown the outbound. That will be cancelled.
Old Apr 9, 18, 6:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There is nothing in the T&Cs that would allow them to cancel if you missed the flight, or that requires you to take the flights booked to take the accommodation. The only restriction that I can see is to taking flights in sequence, if you miss a flight all other flights in the booking will be cancelled.
Old Apr 9, 18, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
don't see this would be a real problem - especially if you are due to check in the same day you fly: the system on BA Holidays is never going to update quick enough for the hotel to be notified and give your room away

I also assume BA pay the hotel a few days before travel so I don't see why the hotel would have any real reason not to accommodate if the right passenger turns up, on the right day, with their hotel voucher, on a booking which the hotel has already been paid for...

I've never tried it myself but I'd think even if the BA "rules" are against it (technically), 90% you'd be fine with the hotel in practice...
Old Apr 9, 18, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by NeverFirst View Post
I have a BA Holiday booking coming up, and want to upgrade to Club Europe. The upgrade cost via BA Holidays is high, but I can book my own tickets for a cheaper cost. If I just leave the booked flights as-is, I will be a no-show for those tickets. Will there then be any knock-on effect for the hotel booking?
I don’t know the answer, I guess it would be OK as the hotel wouldn’t know how yiu got there..eg if yiu had a Hotel in MIA did you fly in that day or have 2 weeks in Mexico before,

Are yiu within 5 weeks ie can you cancel and just forfeit the deposit and rebook a package in CE to save money ?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: