Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:27 am

https://www.saynoto0870.com/ hopefully has it!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
The WeQ4U app is also very good for non geographic numbers
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lloyds have been offering me fee-free balance transfers for some time (with 4% APR after the transfer). Not really sure why. I have been earning a few points by transferring all my balances to Lloyds each month (and then immediately paying it off by bank transfer). Kicker is you only get Avios on multiples of £1k, and the rate is not very good. You can transfer from other Amex cards. But worth checking if you got this offer.
aidy likes this.

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 27, 2018 at 3:46 am
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Calchas
Lloyds have been offering me fee-free balance transfers for some time (with 4% APR after the transfer). Not really sure why. I have been earning a few points by transferring all my balances to Lloyds each month (and then immediately paying it off by bank transfer). Kicker is you only get Avios on multiples of £1k, and the rate is not very good. You can transfer from other Amex cards. But worth checking if you got this offer.
ive had the same, its been pretty good
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
How did you get notified about the offer?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ringingup
How did you get notified about the offer?
It's mentioned in the app. If you tap on the triple dots in the top right of the "Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards" box in the app, there is a menu that pops up. One of the options is Balance and Money transfers.

Possibly they also sent me a letter?—but it is hard to remember. I've had this offer outstanding for months (despite using it many times).

To pay off your account—I only mention this because I once read that Raffles was moving wheelbarrows of cash into the branch to pay off his credit cards ahead of the payment schedule—you can make a bank transfer to the Lloyds account with your credit card number as the payment reference. After you've done it once, it is almost immediate. The details are on the PDF or paper statement.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's mentioned in the app. If you tap on the triple dots in the top right of the "Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards" box in the app, there is a menu that pops up. One of the options is Balance and Money transfers.
Found it! In my case, as I have an Avios Rewards card, it'll be 1.25 Avios for every £5. Not great, but better than nothing. I may as well do it.

To pay off your account—I only mention this because I once read that Raffles was moving wheelbarrows of cash into the branch to pay off his credit cards ahead of the payment schedule—you can make a bank transfer to the Lloyds account with your credit card number as the payment reference. After you've done it once, it is almost immediate. The details are on the PDF or paper statement.
I just did this yesterday after paying HMRC using my Curve card linked to my Lloyds Avios Mastercard!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Email from Avios Avios - no credit card miles from stored cards:

Changes to the way you collect Avios with the Avios eStore

Hello Xxxx

You may have heard the news that, the UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme will close. As part of the closure we will no longer be supporting the ability to collect Avios using your registered payment card with our in store partners, that are featured within the Avios eStore. You can continue to collect Avios using both the Avios eStore and with our in store partners by registering your payment card through the British Airways Avios eStore.

From 12th September 2018 all payment cards that are currently registered will be deleted and the ability to manage these cards on our website will also be removed.

Any transasctions that are made up to this date will still be eligible to earn Avios in accordance with our current Terms & Conditions. Any transactions made with our partners after 12th September with a registered card will no longer be eligible to earn Avios.

Any pending transactions will be unaffected by this change.

You can continue to collect Avios using both the Avios eStore and with our in store partners by registering your payment card through the British Airways Avios eStore.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Free Avios!

An email today:-
Your UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme account is now closed

Hello [Globaliser],

We contacted you earlier in the year to let you know about the changes happening to the Avios Travel Rewards Programme.

Following this, we wanted to let you know that your Avios account is now closed and any remaining balance has been successfully transferred to your linked British Airways Executive Club account: 12345678.

To view your account visit BA.com or download the British Airways Executive Club Rewards app for Apple or Android devices.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Avios Travel Rewards Programme.

Don't worry

All your existing bookings and pending transactions have been transferred to your linked account. As we mentioned before, Avios, the currency, is remaining, you just have a new home to collect and spend from.

Don't forget, any Upgrade Vouchers or Worldwide Companion Tickets you may have are still valid but won't show in your British Airways Executive Club account online. So, when you want to spend them, please call 0344 49 333 49.

If you have any questions, please click on the link below.
Find out more
And our zero balance avios.com accounts have indeed been closed. This has been marked in our BAEC accounts by the credit of one Avios.

Abundant generosity? Or has it been designed to reset the inactivity clock for everyone, even if they had a zero avios.com balance?

At any rate, one permanent farewell: it's to my Latitudes number, which I can still remember.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Did you have any of a connected Aer Lingus Aer Club, Flybe or Vueling Club account(s) or just avios avios?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
For a UK-based BAEC member, what is now the best way of collecting usable Avios from flying kulula in South Africa?

A post about an unconnected issue that involved kulula prompted this question in my mind, now that the route of sending Avios to ATRP and then moving them into BAEC no longer works.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Either:

a) give an Aer Lingus or Flybe 3081 Avios account number to Kulula
or
b) open a fresh Avios account via Kulula and use Avios.com to move them to BA
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:41 pm

So how does one go about redeeming a voucher after the avios account hasa been closed? Do I call BAEC at 0844 493 0 747? (found here: https://www.britishairways.com/travel/contact-executive-club/execclub/_gf/en_gb/About_Country=GB)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.