Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Calchas
This is going to make using the Lloyds Avios voucher even more annoying.
If I’m able to call up once and use an Amex 2-4-1 and a Lloyds upgrade on one booking I’d see it as an improvement. One of my kids has their own PNR on a flight back from the states next year because we can’t use both in one transaction.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:37 am
Suspended

I am confused.

If you have a Lloyds Avios credit card, and the avios is transferred to your Avios account monthly, then you should have an Avios account (standard). In this case, your Lloyds avios will be transferred to a BA executive account in future.

If you have an AerClub account, but your Lloyds Avios credit card is issued in UK and your billing address is in UK, then theoretically you will have a new BA executive club account for future use.

If you have a log-in username and password for Avios.com in UK then you are a member of Avios travel rewards UK regardless whether you have an AerClub account or not.

Otherwise you will have to call Avios.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Family member wants Avios from avios.com transferred to the new flybe avios scheme, whenever that opens.
They also want the soon-to-expire Avios in their BAEC to be transferred to Avios now then flybe or direct to flybe.

Anyone know if either is possible?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
I am confused.

If you have a Lloyds Avios credit card, and the avios is transferred to your Avios account monthly, then you should have an Avios account (standard). In this case, your Lloyds avios will be transferred to a BA executive account in future.

If you have an AerClub account, but your Lloyds Avios credit card is issued in UK and your billing address is in UK, then theoretically you will have a new BA executive club account for future use.

If you have a log-in username and password for Avios.com in UK then you are a member of Avios travel rewards UK regardless whether you have an AerClub account or not.

Otherwise you will have to call Avios.
Perhaps my previous message wasn’t clear. I only have one Avios.com account. When I log in, it says I am an AerClub member. This is the same account on which I receive the Avios from my Lloyd cards. This is also the same account in which my Lloyd upgrade voucher was sitting. This is also the account I use for the estore.

I think that at some point I perhaps had two different accounts but, if I remember correctly, they were merged together.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by ringingup

Perhaps my previous message wasn’t clear. I only have one Avios.com account. When I log in, it says I am an AerClub member. This is the same account on which I receive the Avios from my Lloyd cards. This is also the same account in which my Lloyd upgrade voucher was sitting. This is also the account I use for the estore.

I think that at some point I perhaps had two different accounts but, if I remember correctly, they were merged together.
My understanding is that would be your new Avios.com account and Lloyds would continue to credit there. I believe the only Avios.com accounts that will get shut down and merged are the 'pure' Avios.com accounts. Time will tell..
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I'm in the same position. At some point they combined by Aer Club with my standalone Avios account. It hasn't mattered so far but presumably we'll have to tell them to combine it with BA and not leave it to EI (unless we will be able to combine to/from Aer Club).

Sounds like there will also be a strange period when we're giving our Executive Club numbers when booking on Flybe.

Glad it's all being simplifed
Calchas likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:52 am

Will this see the avios spin-off company pulled back into BA? A rather significant volte-face happening here.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
So what about Pending Avios?? I have about 70k of Avios pending in booking.com transactions and Trainline and they wont go through until 120 days after I complete my stays/journeys. (I have bookings all the way through to December)
I will be beyond furious if that 70k Avios just disappears. I could have chosen to use top cashback instead and would be sitting on several hundred pounds.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
I'm in the same position. At some point they combined by Aer Club with my standalone Avios account. It hasn't mattered so far but presumably we'll have to tell them to combine it with BA and not leave it to EI (unless we will be able to combine to/from Aer Club).

Sounds like there will also be a strange period when we're giving our Executive Club numbers when booking on Flybe.

Glad it's all being simplifed
Did you sign up for the EI new account promo to get some bonus Avios? That's what did it for me.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:16 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
There is currently a technical issue affecting the transfer of points from Avios to BA. I just tried. The points left my Avios account (now 0 balance) but I got a message saying they could not be credited to my BA account and that I needed to contact Avios to have them credited back to my Avios account! I did that, but the agent said:

"There is currently a problem with the transfer function. It has been reported to the BA and Avios online teams who are working on it. If points have left your account they will roll back within 24 hours."

So be cautious about trying to transfer points until this problem is fixed. It is apparently "being investigated as high priority". But this is BA IT we're talking about, so that could mean anything!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Did you sign up for the EI new account promo to get some bonus Avios? That's what did it for me.
Yes, I did!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
So what about Pending Avios?? I have about 70k of Avios pending in booking.com transactions and Trainline and they wont go through until 120 days after I complete my stays/journeys. (I have bookings all the way through to December)
I will be beyond furious if that 70k Avios just disappears. I could have chosen to use top cashback instead and would be sitting on several hundred pounds.
According to the FAQs, it should all move "smoothly" to BA.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by strichener
Will this see the avios spin-off company pulled back into BA? A rather significant volte-face happening here.
No. It needs a separate HQ anyway given the number of employees and, as it works arms-length with BA anyway keeping it separate makes sense. The old Avios CEO told me that he had to have a standard commercial negotiation with Cruz, when he was running Vueling, over the terms of Vueling Club.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by ringingup
According to the FAQs, it should all move "smoothly" to BA.
But that Avios doesn't exists. Not until I complete my stay (in the case of booking.com). So I don't actually have that Avios. It is pending and wont appear until say December for some of them.
If they move everything smoothly over to BA, I am pretty sure that pending Avios will be lost, as it's not in my account.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
No. It needs a separate HQ anyway given the number of employees and, as it works arms-length with BA anyway keeping it separate makes sense. The old Avios CEO told me that he had to have a standard commercial negotiation with Cruz, when he was running Vueling, over the terms of Vueling Club.
The length of the arm has just been considerably shortened!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.