Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
This thread has prompted me to try to move my Avios to BAEC, after months of being unsuccessful. Today, for some reason, it has worked

Avios.com now has a zero balance, so happy to close my account.
It seems that they have reduced the requirements you need to fulfil for a Avios transfer. When I tried in January an Avios->BAEC transfer would only work if the address was identical (impossible for those with an Avios account on the UK address and the BAEC account somewhere else).

After seeing your post, I opened up the tool and got to the step where you see both accounts next to each other which means that they probably reverted back to only requiring identical name, birth date, and e-mail address (as my BAEC and Avios accounts have different addresses). I didn't continued as the Avios account has 0 miles.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
After seeing your post, I opened up the tool and got to the step where you see both accounts next to each other which means that they probably reverted back to only requiring identical name, birth date, and e-mail address (as my BAEC and Avios accounts have different addresses). I didn't continued as the Avios account has 0 miles.
My email and name is different (well, first name is, same surname!) and it let me transfer.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
My email and name is different (well, first name is, same surname!) and it let me transfer.
Can't say much about that as those information are identical in my accounts. I did notice that earlier this year they required identical addresses and that seems gone now.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:21 pm

Surprised not to have received an initial notification from avios.com that this is happening (with details to come) but grateful to find out about it here, thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Surprised not to have received an initial notification from avios.com that this is happening (with details to come) but grateful to find out about it here, thanks!
They emailed me this afternoon.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
You can’t send 2.4m emails at once ....

Apparently Avios staff working on this had to be in at 4.30 this morning!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
How to move Avios miles to my American Advantage?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
Eh, what?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TexasFlyer
Same way you can move your AA miles to United or Delta?

You can't.
Deltus likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:36 pm

Apologies, didn't mean it to sound like a criticism. I was on avios.com over the weekend so it just came as a bit of a surprise seeing the news here today. I'm sure it's uncertain times for many of those working on it
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by WorldLux
It seems that they have reduced the requirements you need to fulfil for a Avios transfer. When I tried in January an Avios->BAEC transfer would only work if the address was identical (impossible for those with an Avios account on the UK address and the BAEC account somewhere else).

Lucky those that could transfer. trying for months now but BA tells me to call Avios and avios tells me to call BA.. and so forth. And chat says i need to call them....
Nobody can solved it even tho ALL details are literally the same, and i have over 180.000 avios on avios.com site but it wont let me transfer them to BA. SO frustrating

And what will happen with Lloyds CC holders for which we receive points towards Avios? Will those automatically go to BA?

Last edited by itisme; Apr 9, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
When I login on Avios.com, it says that I'm a member of Aer Lingus's AerClub. I am struggling to understand what that will mean for me. I have a Lloyds Card... does it mean that the Avios will still be dropped in my Avios.com account? Would I need to call them to do something to my account? Perhaps can they convert it into a standard Avios.com account?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ringingup
When I login on Avios.com, it says that I'm a member of Aer Lingus's AerClub. I am struggling to understand what that will mean for me. I have a Lloyds Card... does it mean that the Avios will still be dropped in my Avios.com account? Would I need to call them to do something to my account? Perhaps can they convert it into a standard Avios.com account?
the Question and Answer section stated that your avios from Lloyd's card will be transferred to your BA executive club account once your Avios account is transferred. You don't need to do anything until further communication on your new BA executive account is ready or Avios account is linked to your existing BA executive club account.

I can not answer the question of AerClub. You need to check the site again. Might be a misinterpretation of an advertisement.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
the Question and Answer section stated that your avios from Lloyd's card will be transferred to your BA executive club account once your Avios account is transferred. You don't need to do anything until further communication on your new BA executive account is ready or Avios account is linked to your existing BA executive club account.

I can not answer the question of AerClub. You need to check the site again. Might be a misinterpretation of an advertisement.
I’m familiar with the FAQs as I’ve read them all. My questions come from the fact that mine is not - apparently - a “standard” UK Avios account but an AerClub account, which, according to the FAQs will continue to exist.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is going to make using the Lloyds Avios voucher even more annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.