Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"We did our best with the limited resources we had"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We did our best with the limited resources we had"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
IDIOT, that’s me not you.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
It would seem to me that the "Great group of passengers" phrase, when read by management, would reinforce to BA that, in spite of shortcomings, BA need not modify its behavior in any way.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have never known a time where we have had as many shortages, it is either down to bad planning or poor decisions making, probably both.
I know that the SIN SYD SIN flights suffer more than most, great that the crew left a handover but bad that it was not left in a secure place.
Unfortunately it looks like your management is perfectly fine having you and your fellow colleagues apologising to the customers, rather than fixing the issue.
Buster, hugolover and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And what I find really upsetting is members of our management that I know and trust spewing out the company talk whilst privately rubbishing it.
hugolover, gormless and BABenchley like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
I have never known a time where we have had as many shortages, it is either down to bad planning or poor decisions making, probably both.
I know that the SIN SYD SIN flights suffer more than most, great that the crew left a handover but bad that it was not left in a secure place.
Simply amazing that the managers do not pay attention to crew and CUSTOMER feedback on regular shortages. How difficult is it to get such spplies to SIN & SYD ?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
And what I find really upsetting is members of our management that I know and trust spewing out the company talk whilst privately rubbishing it.
anytime you have a strong (read dictatorial) leadership at the top, first people to go are the ones with spines and then you are left with a bunch of yes-men, so I am
not surprised that they have to talk the talk otherwise they would be shown the door.
hugolover and rickg523 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Well I would like the one about mixed crews returned please.
Mixed crews are carrying their name with pride because your service experience as a passenger can be very 'mixed':

BA F SIN-SYD

Went straight to bed (that I made myself), didn't eat, didn't drink for the whole flight. In other words: I didn't bother the crew at all.

Pilot: "45 minutes to Sydney, we will be switching on the seat belt signs in 20 minutes."
Me: getting up immediately
MF crew: "Can I offer you a choice of cold beverages"?
Me "I'll have an espresso and a smoothie, please".
MF crew "I asked you for a choice of cold drinks".

The CSM assured me a couple of minutes later that I can have as many hot beverages as I like until the seat belt sign goes on...

BA F SYD-SIN:

Booked in PE, upgraded to CW using Avios, received a seat in F.

Extremely polite and polished flight attendant, great service attitude. She received my Golden Ticket that came with a letter to HQ complimenting the outstanding performance.

While I think that MF crew can have their stellar moments, their lows are sometimes just beyond words. On SIN-SYD-SIN, that can easily double down with BA's management refuse to acknowledge and fix the unacceptable situation of insufficient catering and others.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be clear I was talking about mixing crew together and not Mixed Fleet crew.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:40 am

To be clear I was talking about mixing crew together and not Mixed Fleet crew.
And to be fair to BA, there were very clear reasons for keeping the crews separate at launch and the blame for that can be laid at the feet of Worldwide crew. Nowadays, in a less-heated and post-MF strike world though it would appear to be a better idea, but would need Worldwide to give up some of their T&Cs - and why would they want to do that to help out MF?

Originally Posted by SMK77
Wow. That's really terrible.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But to be fair this hasn’t resulted in a better service for the customer from either fleet, it is time for BA to reevaluate their plans.
hugolover, Tobias-UK and mjh0 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Slightly off topic, but travelled on the BA11/12 very recently in April. The F food was the most disgusting and inedible food I have experienced in the air on any carrier and any class.
Health warning: AVOID THE CHICKEN SATAY. Its not chicken Satay, has no taste, is rock hard, and looks grey on the plate. The beef no better. Multiple full plates returned to the galley. Crew hugely embarrassed.
The scrambled eggs continued a BA tradition of being the colour of a Satsuma but with a sharp taste - again inedible. rest of the breakfast fine however.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
@Mutu - please feed that back to BA. I wasn't a fan of the Chicken Satay either, mine wasn't hard or gray, but it wasn't to my taste. It is described as 'SIngaporean Chicken Satay' but it wasn't for me. Not seen the satsuma coloured scrambled eggs though!
TravellerFrequently and HMPS like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77
Mixed crews are carrying their name with pride because your service experience as a passenger can be very 'mixed':

BA F SIN-SYD

Went straight to bed (that I made myself), didn't eat, didn't drink for the whole flight. In other words: I didn't bother the crew at all.

Pilot: "45 minutes to Sydney, we will be switching on the seat belt signs in 20 minutes."
Me: getting up immediately
MF crew: "Can I offer you a choice of cold beverages"?
Me "I'll have an espresso and a smoothie, please".

The CSM assured me a couple of minutes later that I can have as many hot beverages as I like until the seat belt sign goes on...

BA F SYD-SIN:

Booked in PE, upgraded to CW using Avios, received a seat in F.

Extremely polite and polished flight attendant, great service attitude. She received my Golden Ticket that came with a letter to HQ complimenting the outstanding performance.

While I think that MF crew can have their stellar moments, their lows are sometimes just beyond words. On SIN-SYD-SIN, that can easily double down with BA's management refuse to acknowledge and fix the unacceptable situation of insufficient catering and others.

I simply dread seeing the hats. Most obvious sign of a poor experience ahead.....no pun intended.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

it is time for BA to reevaluate their plans.
How about cutting the size of the F cabin and improving the quality of the product, in the hope that enough people will be attracted to it despite higher fares?
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: Qantas, BA gold, SPG gold
As a long-term loyal customer of BA, I find these reports depressing but not unbelievable.

I travel often in F and sometimes in J but I always take my own food with me. It's the only way to ensure I have something decent to eat. My own experiences with Cabin Crew are that they are generally friendly and helpful.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.