Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Those days have sadly gone.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by DFB_london

sounds like mixed fleet. Keen but untrained or miserable and hopeless.
Dont let it put you off BA but it’s really best only to bother with F on worldwide fleet routes. Save you money or avios and avoid mixed fleet F - for the most part it’s like clueless school kids and just best avoided.
I couldn't disagree more. I fly 4-6 F sectors a month at the moment, many of which are crewed by Mixed Fleet, and I've had excellent service on all but one sector. I find great qualities in both crews. To be honest, I see more bad customers than crew members!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:25 pm
formerly Christopher Sutton

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

I couldn't disagree more. I fly 4-6 F sectors a month at the moment, many of which are crewed by Mixed Fleet, and I've had excellent service on all but one sector. I find great qualities in both crews. To be honest, I see more bad customers than crew members!
Couldn’t agree more on the customer front, have shared a cabin with some right horrors!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Stories of inconsistent service occur al most daily.

Do airlines not employ mystery passengers that report back management. Would have thought if cabin crew knew they existed, it might just keep the cabin crew on their toes.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by wb1969

Do airlines not employ mystery passengers that report back management. Would have thought if cabin crew knew they existed, it might just keep the cabin crew on their toes.
Interesting question. My hunch is they don't, they get so much feedback they can see the trends on that, but I may be wrong. Perhaps they should do though...
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by wb1969

Maybe the mystery shoppers enjoy the same remarkable good luck as a couple of our fellow members.

Now there's a thought.
ajamieson and Crampedin13A like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver
We flew F there & back from SFO over Easter on a redemption using a 2-4-1 and had a similar experience on our return flight; outward flight was great.
On boarding, the crew member checked our tickets, made no move to show us to our seats & said something along the lines of "you probably know yourself where 2A & K are".
Arriving at our seats, a crew member was talking to the couple in 1A & K, standing in front of my seat, she glanced at me, turned away and made no attempt to move to allow me access to my seat until I said "excuse me"; not sure where else she thought I was headed?
Many others who arrived in the cabin long after us were offered boarding drinks long before we were; husband not offered nor given the warmed nuts snack.
Although the crew were aware we were travelling together and we both said we wanted to eat as soon as possible so we could go to sleep, our meals were not served in sync at all; I had finished my starter a good 5-10 minutes before my husband's arrived (we ordered the same starter);he was not offered a roll with his starter; same with our mains (we ordered the same main).
However, my husband had then been offered & eaten dessert and had his bed made up before my empty plate had been cleared; my empty plate stayed on my table for 25 minutes.
My crew member on arriving to remove my plate asked "do you want anything else?" to which I replied "no, but I'd like my bed made up please".
I stood up to give him room to make my bed and then waited whilst he walked to & from the galley a few times to offer top ups to others whilst ignoring me; he then had a little chat with colleagues in the galley before glancing at me and opening a cupboard to get a mattress & duvet.
On waking, he asked if I wanted breakfast and I told him my choice; his response "I'll see what's left", he came back with my choice and "lucky you, you got the last one". Husband was offered a smoothie; I was not. Neither of us were offered pastries; others in the cabin were.
I'm not sure what went wrong; I was polite, said my please & thank you's etc, had 2 glasses of fizz with dinner & went to sleep!
The F crew were all on the mature side; silver haired; no younger crew members.
I was disappointed with the service on this flight; if I had been paying full price I would have been fuming; makes me wonder if our redemption status on this flight or that we are only Silvers was the issue?
Not impressed and not made to feel special or welcome.

Last edited by scooby99; Apr 8, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
....managements profit share/bonus smash and grab mentality!
This sounds like the fundamental problem. Fingers crossed AC will get his bonus early and be gone.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
The F cabin sticks a little too stringently to its left/right service divide imo. Whenever I've done E&F seats as a pair it's apparent how different service can be - much like you describe it.
Also goes to show that a big chunk of the F experience, imo, is made up by the crew.
Hope the next one is better. I've had some great F experiences, but it's typically good crew that makes it.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Except this is F, the crew should offer, but I agree too late to complain now, why would you not say something at the time, weird
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:57 pm

Glad my next flight to South Africa is with QR ....... sorry.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:42 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Always wondered why there isn't some way of reviewing cabin crew, it wouldn't take long for BA to see who does a decent job and who is slacking, and provide a sense of accountability.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by simon stingray
She then went to go and get sugar but then brought it without a teaspoon. She had to go back again and get a teaspoon.
For this alone you should get reimbursed any costs related to upgrading or points lost.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by MFCC
How lovely of you to say
No saying about it - rather experience of consistently inconsistent and often poor slow clueless service in F from mixed fleet.

Its often willingly but woefully under trained and lacking in experience. The ultimate was when the passengers on a CPT had to show the crew where the bedding was stored for F. That followed a clueless meal service too laughable to repeat here.

But since MF can’t handle criticism and management are nt aware then this issue will never get better. Hence the advice to the OP - avoid MF premium cabins where possible. We all have a choice of where to spend our $$$s.

In a few years time with F shrinking to 8 seats and removed from much of the network this issue may solve itself.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
If I was in your place, I would have complained (fairly soon) while on board. This isn't exclusive to BA, I guess. Flew to South Africa last year with Qatar, and on one of the sectors the service was so bad I had to complain to the purser, only to find out the crew member on my side was on her second ever flight in C!

Have had one too many experiences on LH/ LX F as well, basically having to tell the purser they will need to find some other crew member to do the service in the cabin because of how bad it was.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.