Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How can you guys find so much stops using ITA Matrix?

How can you guys find so much stops using ITA Matrix?

Old Apr 7, 18, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Conversely, I use "nocodeshare" when I just want to find out who flies a particular route (useful for redemptions).

I haven't worked out a shortcut for 'operated and marketed by' yet other than O:XX together with nocodeshare - is there a simpler way of doing that?
If you only want BA operated and marketed flights, you can type "airline BA; nocodeshare" in the extension code box.
Old Apr 7, 18, 3:40 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
deleted
Old Apr 7, 18, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
This is turning out to be quite a constructive thread and I for one, not very good with the ITA Matrix, am finding it useful for learning and playing about with it. In fact I have a little jotter to make notes with so thanks to everyone who posts with lots of little bits of info such as rossmacd's info at post #9 but also of course everyone else who has posted here too. Screenshots are excellent too and very much soak into my ageing brain quite easily and I'm sure other members of the Flyertalk community.

Sometimes, despite all our different points of view about BA 'enhancements', BA v QR etc can quickly turn into negativity but sometimes these little gems of a thread come along and the BA Board springs into action with what really is many of our aim, lots of TP's, at good prices, as well as doing the actual runs themselves and ultimately for the sake of the sheer enjoyment of flying and going through different airports.
Old Apr 7, 18, 4:35 am

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
This is turning out to be quite a constructive thread and I for one, not very good with the ITA Matrix, am finding it useful for learning and playing about with it.
What I've always wanted is a *clear* explanation of the grammar rules for ITA.

I understand the extensions/codes, but no one/where I've found gives a *really clear* grammar for the codes and (although this one is easier to work out when it fails) which go in the routing vs extensions. The whole : vs vs ; vs , vs & vs or, etc is not really well explained anywhere.

And I must remember the maxconnect code: thank you ppl for reminding me!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 18, 5:21 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
If you really want to get into the nitty gritty then FT has it's own 37 page thread on some of the more advanced features:
TIP: More hidden features of ITA

You can for example:
Search by aircraft type e.g. only A380 flights: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20561043-post241.html
Search for a specific fare basis (e.g. a particular I class fare, or the recent one way in J one way in F promotion etc: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20321541-post218.html
Exclude redeyes, exclude prop planes, limit overall duration, force long connections etc..

If you are a TP runner or require complex itineraries for some other more sane reason () then the thread is well worth a read.
PETER01 and squawk like this.
Old Apr 7, 18, 5:30 am

There are some really excellent resources and tips in this thread, as well as the one linked to by Aztec_Flyer - thanks to everyone for contributing so far!

I keep a text file of some useful tricks I learned from others on this board which I refer to if I need to refresh my memory. One which stands out is the ability to specify particular flight number(s) for multiple legs, which can be done by putting them in the query before each point: e.g. BA1315,BA1317 LHR AY832,BA6032 HEL would specify either of those specific flights to LHR then either of those (codeshares) to HEL.

A few other links people might find helpful: Although there is some overlap in what they cover, there are lots of useful hints in those resources.
Old Dec 31, 18, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Conversely, I use "nocodeshare" when I just want to find out who flies a particular route (useful for redemptions).

I haven't worked out a shortcut for 'operated and marketed by' yet other than O:XX together with nocodeshare - is there a simpler way of doing that?
Do you put “nocodeshare” in text box two?