Paying for Friend/Not enough Avios

Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:58 pm
PxC
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Paying for Friend/Not enough Avios

Little bit stumped on this so couldn't think of a better place to ask for help...

Looking to book AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK and back for later this year and upgrade the outbound LHR-HKG to First. First one travelling is me, Gold with 40k Avios. I would also be booking for my friend who is in the QR Privilege Club and would want to credit to them. Therefore, AFAIK I would need make the booking and pay for the upgrade for both people. The upgrade would be 54k which would leave me 14k short. My mother has 30k Avios but is Bronze and I assume she would have to pay to transfer. My friend I assume cannot transfer or pay with his QR miles. So is it either a case of me buying more or paying to transfer? I considered a household account, but then would I be able to upgrade/book a friend who isn't in the household account? Could he join BAEC, join a household account, and then use his QRPC on the booking to credit the points?

Sorry if this is confusing. Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
The household account is the way to go. Put you and your mother in it and you'll have 70,000 Avios. Then add your friend to the friends and family list and you can book for your friend using the total points available.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:50 pm
PxC
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
The household account is the way to go. Put you and your mother in it and you'll have 70,000 Avios. Then add your friend to the friends and family list and you can book for your friend using the total points available.
Thanks

Would he need to sign up a BAEC account, and if he did would he still be able to credit his miles/points from the booking to QRPC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.