Wiki Posts
Search

A record for low passenger count?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

A record for low passenger count?

Currently sitting on BA915 from Frankfurt to London. Boarding completed early. All priority boarding called once. Families boarded first.

my count of passenger is 2 in business and 26 or so in Economy section of this A319.

I think there are might be more and I might walk around the cabin to do an exact count.

But would 28 passengers would be record of low passenger count in any normal circumstances?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I was the only pax on a JER-LGW once, it was the first flight on a Sunday morning.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Far too busy for a record

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...k-stars-found/
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Not really. Typically the last MAN-LHR on a Friday evening is usually very lightly loaded. I've been on it with less than 10 passengers, but I've known it to be fewer than this on occasion.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Ive had a few empty flights - especially the late evening NCL departures where connections are almost impossible - lowest I think was 8 of us. Had many flights in CE to European stations where it’s just been 2 of us !
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:58 pm

I'm relatively sure there's a thread somewhere (possibly here in the BA forum) concerning 'record lows' (related to the number of passengers on-board ) as experienced by FTers. In any case, I remember a LGW-MAN on a Saturday (or Friday?) evening with less than 6 passengers, including myself. That said, at the time when FR operated a couple of daily services between Warsaw & Gdańsk, it wasn't that unusual to be on a rather empty Embraer or Dash (LOT), mostly at weekends.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Apr 5, 2018 at 1:04 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Lowest I've been on was Jersey and the 4 of us were dotted at each exit for safety reasons lol

Great service on that flight even got first choice of food haha
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
A few years back they launched a new additional flt GVA-LHR and unknowingly i was on the first. Was only pax in CE and 2 pax in econ. Loved it
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
25 on U2. I had to be moved to an exit row seat.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by chongcao
But would 28 passengers would be record of low passenger count in any normal circumstances?
I can't do as well as others, well unless we count the times I flew privately...but 28 wouldn't even be in my top 5 on commercial flights...

I've done Embraer 145s with 4 other people (July 4th in the US), around 25 people on a United 777 LHR-IAD (flight was delayed from the previous day) and a BA JER-LGW that had maybe 15 people on it. On that same JER-LGW I was the only CE passenger, and I've been the only premium cabin passengers on quite a lot of flights (or my wife and I have).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Flew back on an afternoon flight from Barcelona a few years ago and there were about 15 of us. Flew back on the last Edinburgh to London flight once and about 10 in total (before club on domestic)
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by chongcao
Currently sitting on BA915 from Frankfurt to London. Boarding completed early. All priority boarding called once. Families boarded first.

my count of passenger is 2 in business and 26 or so in Economy section of this A319.

I think there are might be more and I might walk around the cabin to do an exact count.

surprised as im a regular on the LHr-FRA-lhr sector and the flights Ive taken have always been 70%+ full. The only exception is the morning lhr-fra run on a B767
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I'm relatively sure there's a thread somewhere (possibly here in the BA forum) concerning 'record lows' (related to the number of passengers on-board ) as experienced by FTers.
It's here (though there are a few other threads). There were fewer passengers on my SEZ-LHR 787-9 service last week, and I've had a few flights at six or below. Including a long stretch to Greece with me in CE and a 3 Sky Sports guys in ET, on an A320.
Wow, a positive BA story...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have been on a flight to Beijing (PEK) with only 6 passengers. It was a 747.
FlyerTalker688786 and jerub like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
I was on the last BA7323 MAN-NCE Cityflyer flight at the end of September last year. Less than 10 passengers on board. I had Club Europe to myself.

Also had quite a few lightly loaded LHR-MAN flights. Usually the last one of the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.