BA passenger value index

Old Apr 4, 18, 10:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Uber 5.0 :D
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Wearing a Burton suit and a club tie clutching a box of Cadbury Roses for the check-in girl worked for this Blue......although I think it was my smile that did the trick.
You mean to say you haven't had an upgrade since 1978 ???
Old Apr 4, 18, 10:42 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
Wearing a Burton suit and a club tie clutching a box of Cadbury Roses for the check-in girl worked for this Blue......although I think it was my smile that did the trick.
Awww never knew this was how you met Mrs Hiddy.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Hiddy,
that is 2 days in a row!!

You must stop giving away secrets!! Giving stuff to check-in folk is a Top Secret sort of thing.

In my case, it was bunches of flowers at Sin. I tried them at HKG, but the check-in staff were all afraid of the Dragon CS Supervisor, so they did me no good.

Not, I might say, in a Burtons suit.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
CIV threads currently seem more popular than threads about BA v QR, great BA experiences, and crap BA experiences.

Hands up if you donít give a toss what your CIV score is.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Originally Posted by rapidex View Post
Your CIV number has nothing to do with the likelihood of upgrades. BA uses a much more complicated algorithm than that, and often hands out upgrades to BAEC Blues over BAEC Golds.
I keep reading this on this forum, but itís simply not my experience as a GGL. I get quite a few OPUPs.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by rapidex View Post
Your CIV number has nothing to do with the likelihood of upgrades. BA uses a much more complicated algorithm than that, and often hands out upgrades to BAEC Blues over BAEC Golds.
Not strictly correct. Yes it is FAR more complicated than that, but in the absence of any passengers IAG may want to move to try a higher cabin, or have other reasons to upgrade, the higher you are up the status list, the more likely you are to get upgraded on any given flight.
stewaran and SuperstarDJ like this.
Old Apr 4, 18, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
I think that'll be me. Until I read KARFA's post above, I was pretty sure that mine's 36 for the reason given by ThatT1Feeling in the next post.

So far as the influence of CIV on op-ups is concerned, I'm a firm adherent to that well-known prayer that asks for serenity to accept the things that I can't change. Knowing my CIV isn't going to alter whether or not I actually get a welcome beep and pleasant news. In relation to anything that I can try to do something useful about, deploying good people skills is usually more fruitful than throwing either my weight or my CIV around.
HIDDY and SuperstarDJ like this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 5:13 am

And she stitched you up with a questionable sausage
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
I do care what my CIV score is. For a give tier of FFP membership I want my CIV to be as low as possible as that will mean I have bought my travel for the best fares possible.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You see lots of adverts on telly for people that offer to improve your credit score. Are there any similar outfits that can help improve your CIV score?
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post
You see lots of adverts on telly for people that offer to improve your credit score. Are there any similar outfits that can help improve your CIV score?
Why bother? Just tell a few porkies on Flyertalk .
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:17 am
PxC

Programs: BA Gold
As a gold who has never flown higher than economy on BA (apart from one CE leg), but has never flown less than business on QR, I'm curious as to whether BA would consider me someone more or less likely to be upgraded. I guess it depends on whether they are trying to tempt people with a higher product, or reward those who usually fly it..
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Yes, BA.

I hear that if you buy full fare J, W and Y tickets and regularly too, then your CIV will definitely go up a fair bit! The dearer Semi flexible ones as well but not quite so much. Cheapo tickets really doesn't have much of an impact.

CIV is vastly over rated, I really don't give a hoot what mine is to be honest. Many CC don't even know what it is, mainly CSD, CSM's and SCCM's but I can understand as human beings, some people just HAVE to know if they must!
Old Apr 5, 18, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
If reading Hiddy's thread is anything to go by, wearing a Burtons outfit when Checking-in has the potential for improving you score
ML
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: Mucci Silver for life, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold !!, Hertz Gold PC
Originally Posted by Mountlodge View Post
If reading Hiddy's thread is anything to go by, wearing a Burtons outfit when Checking-in has the potential for improving you score
ML
I doubt that HIDDY's score has troubled double figures for quite some time (probably since the days of suits from Burton's)
HIDDY likes this.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: