Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Routes 2018: Nashville, Tennessee (BNA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Routes 2018: Nashville, Tennessee (BNA)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is this perhaps a codeshare numbering issue? Sometimes airlines don't update codeshare numbers very rapidly, usually the prime aircraft timings have changed or some such and it takes a while for someone to register the codeshare under the new timings. Usually the problem is at the AA end!
A dip sample using EF for a week in early November and a week in early December currently shows the AA code four times a week. If it was a codeshare numbering problem, it looks like that's been sorted out.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
BA's BNA service is going daily from S19:

British Airways - BRITISH AIRWAYS INCREASES SERVICES TO NASHVILLE
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Good news.

But someone has forgotton to update the copy on an old press release:

The aircraft accommodates 214 customers across three cabins, with 154 seats in World Traveller (economy), 25 seats in World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and 35 seats in Club World (business). All customers will be able to enjoy free meals and drinks, individual widescreen TV screens with complimentary on-demand entertainment, and a free checked bag.

No free checked bag if you are travelling on a Econony Basic fare.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Surely it can only be a matter of time before BA orders more 787-8s?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'm currently in Nashville having a great time... Although the Broadway Honky Tonk area resembles Blackpool on a bad night They even played the Birdy Song in one place
Sad to say and sad to see, but those few blocks of lower Broadway is like a human toilet - if you're wanting the night life much better to go to the 4 venues at Cannery or head into east Nashville.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by dewsburyborn
Sad to say and sad to see, but those few blocks of lower Broadway is like a human toilet - if you're wanting the night life much better to go to the 4 venues at Cannery or head into east Nashville.
I’ve had amazing times in Nashville - your right lower Broadway isn’t a highlight (although had fun for a few drinks) - we normally head over to The Gulch - had some incredible food in the restaurants over there and the surrounding streets and The Thompson Hotel is still of my Nashville favs.
dewsburyborn likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Not only is the flight going 7X weekly beginning March 2019, but the aircraft is being upgraded to 787-9 with 8 First Class Seats in addition to Club World and Economy. Seems like the route is doing well after only 8 months.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I am on this flight in early June (LHR - BNA) in Club World. I noticed the aircraft change, as BA changed my seat to 7A. I panicked until I read that CWS prefers this seat, so it’s got to be good.

I was was thrilled to find AA award availability directly into Nashville.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I am on this flight in early June (LHR - BNA) in Club World. I noticed the aircraft change, as BA changed my seat to 7A. I panicked until I read that CWS prefers this seat, so it’s got to be good.
Snap - late June in my case, but I had a sinking feeling when I saw the seat change email from row 3. One look at the 787 seat guide thread and I was reassured
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I did see the good value prices for CW and First on this route in the BA sale and thought it might not be doing so well for the Premium seats.

Seems as though the addition\l frequency is more likely the reason for the sale prices.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
I have recently flown from SVO while BA for years has been using DMD. Any guesses why they decided to bring back SVO?

PS. Not all of the experience was good. I can share if there is any interest....
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by TedToToe
Surely it can only be a matter of time before BA orders more 787-8s?
Perhaps, but with the A350 deliveries starting in the summer they may go with more Airbus. Dont forget they still have B787-10's to come.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:30 am

Taking this flight soon - tips/info?

A couple of questions about this route, which we'll be flying on Sunday.

1. I realise there is no such thing as a guarantee at T5, but is there any data on where BA223 tends to fly from (A, B or C gates)? We've only got just under 2 hours between our scheduled arrival from INV and the departure for BNA, so knowing would be helpful in plotting whether to aim for the B gate lounge.

2. It will actually be my first time in Club World, though I've been in AY and QR business before. I have taken a look at the Tips for Maximising the Club World Experience post, but that is now over 9 years old and I realise there have been a few changes since then! Is there a more up to date guide, or does anyone have any tips?

For example, for a flight of this duration (~9 hours), leaving just before 3pm, how's the food service laid out - a late lunch and a dinner later, or nothing until dinner then a snack before landing? I have a feeling I've seen another thread which discusses this kind of thing but I can't seem to find it...

This is actually our outward flight for a musical road trip (Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans) so I'll probably do a full Trip Report.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It will probably leave from T5B, and in any event that is the lounge you should use if you know about the Passageways (see Forum Dashboard). But yes, it can leave from A, B or C.

You will get a main meal around 90 minutes after departure, with drinks before; and a light meal, including a hot option, about 90 minutes before arrival. Manage My Booking should give some clues when you are within a month of departure.
squawk likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It will probably leave from T5B, and in any event that is the lounge you should use if you know about the Passageways (see Forum Dashboard). But yes, it can leave from A, B or C.

You will get a main meal around 90 minutes after departure, with drinks before; and a light meal, including a hot option, about 90 minutes before arrival. Manage My Booking should give some clues when you are within a month of departure.
Thanks c-w-s, that's really helpful. Not been to the B gate lounge yet, but am aware of and have used the passageways thanks to your guide!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.