FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Jet Time operating for mainline BA at LHR this summer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1902048-jet-time-operating-mainline-ba-lhr-summer.html)

ajamieson Apr 3, 2018 6:33 am

Jet Time operating for mainline BA at LHR this summer

Looks like BA once again is wetleasing Jet Time for some flights this summer - just noticed it on a GLA-LHR flight in June. This seems to be over and above the Titan-operated flights at LGW.

The last time this happened, Jet Time used a 737 that required remote stand/bus at all airports and forcibly gate-checked everyone's rollaboard luggage, leading to delays. BA was also inconsistent about allowing customers with existing bookings to switch to "proper" BA flights.

Check your bookings!

rapidex Apr 3, 2018 9:42 am

So far BA have contracted Titan Germania and Jet Time, and are still looking for more aircraft.

Raffles Apr 3, 2018 10:11 am

Originally Posted by rapidex (Post 29597747)
So far BA have contracted Titan Germania and Jet Time, and are still looking for more aircraft.

You forgot Aer Lingus, BA CityFlyer and NEOS, that well-known Italian holiday charter airline.

TravellerFrequently Apr 3, 2018 11:13 am

Plus Jota Aviation.

surryson Apr 3, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 29598079)
Plus Jota Aviation.

BA Cityflyer have used them on an adhoc basis over the past few years. BA Mainline have never.

As for Jet-Time - this is also incorrect.

rapidex Apr 3, 2018 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 29597849)
You forgot Aer Lingus, BA CityFlyer and NEOS, that well-known Italian holiday charter airline.

Indeed I did. And I used to work for NEOS..

TravellerFrequently Apr 3, 2018 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by surryson (Post 29598681)
BA Cityflyer have used them on an adhoc basis over the past few years. BA Mainline have never.

As for Jet-Time - this is also incorrect.

Oops.

Missed the LHR part.

CPH-Flyer Apr 3, 2018 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ajamieson (Post 29597140)
Looks like BA once again is wetleasing Jet Time for some flights this summer - just noticed it on a GLA-LHR flight in June. This seems to be over and above the Titan-operated flights at LGW.

The last time this happened, Jet Time used a 737 that required remote stand/bus at all airports and forcibly gate-checked everyone's rollaboard luggage, leading to delays. BA was also inconsistent about allowing customers with existing bookings to switch to "proper" BA flights.

Check your bookings!

I used Jet Time a couple of time between LHR and CPH when they were running that route last time. Generally I preferred them to the "proper" BA flights on the same route.

In LHR it was always a remote stand, but in Copenhagen it was at the terminal. Is T5 not capable of attaching jetways to 737s,,was it just random coinsidence, or another operational reason? No problems with my carry on for those flights.

florens Apr 3, 2018 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29599887)
I used Jet Time a couple of time between LHR and CPH when they were running that route last time. Generally I preferred them to the "proper" BA flights on the same route.

In LHR it was always a remote stand, but in Copenhagen it was at the terminal. Is T5 not capable of attaching jetways to 737s,,was it just random coinsidence, or another operational reason? No problems with my carry on for those flights.

I think all Jet Time 737s operated from remote stands because T5 was not designed for 737s (no markings on the ground, probably other things too like airbridges, and whatnot).

flatlander Apr 4, 2018 12:32 am

I think there are also baggage handling issues with 737s at T5 because it assumes all baggage is in cans and 737s don't usually use cans, baggage is loose loaded. So I think these are easier to handle at a remote stand.

luxurytravelled Apr 4, 2018 12:47 am

It begs the question why base the JetTime 737 at Heathrow, and not swap it with a Titan 320 at Gatwick?

CPH-Flyer Apr 4, 2018 12:52 am

Originally Posted by flatlander (Post 29600355)
I think there are also baggage handling issues with 737s at T5 because it assumes all baggage is in cans and 737s don't usually use cans, baggage is loose loaded. So I think these are easier to handle at a remote stand.

Interetsing, so that means that the even BA A319s will be with containers for hold luggage. I thought it was relatively rare for the A319/A320 to use containers.

ajamieson Apr 4, 2018 1:00 am

For the short-of-memory, this is the 2016 thread about Jet Time's last sojourn with BA, including the somewhat odd policy of forcibly gate-checking all wheely bags. It starts off with a lot of assurances that the service will be very similar to BA, the ends with people's actual experiences painting a somewhat different picture!

I wonder if the same issue will occur with RFS wrongly being unavailable on Jet Time-operated flights?

Scotflyer80 Apr 4, 2018 2:48 am

Does anyone know when what dates BA are leasing aircraft?

florens Apr 4, 2018 2:55 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson (Post 29600430)
For the short-of-memory, this is the 2016 thread about Jet Time's last sojourn with BA, including the somewhat odd policy of forcibly gate-checking all wheely bags. It starts off with a lot of assurances that the service will be very similar to BA, the ends with people's actual experiences painting a somewhat different picture!

I wonder if the same issue will occur with RFS wrongly being unavailable on Jet Time-operated flights?

I travelled in 2016 on a Jettime flight and could bring my wheely bag onboard.