Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free drinks trial for BAEC Silver and Golds on selected short haul routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club

I can't find a thread on this but apparently a trial is being run on flights between London and Geneva where BA Silver and Gold members will receive free hot drinks, this could lead to all short haul flights having the same option.

British Airways Trialling Free Short Haul Drinks For Frequent Flyers... - God Save The Points

I did check that the article wasn't posted yesterday!
Tobias-UK and email2markt like this.

Last edited by Pack; Apr 2, 2018 at 5:27 am
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
AY have had a similar scheme for a long time. Emerald card holders get a free soft drink (although this is in addition to the free tea/coffee/juice/water that everyone gets). AY were not so mean to charge even for the most basic drinks when introducing BOB.They have the passenger list and emerald card holders are marked. If you want the drink they enter a special code on the tablets they use for collecting payment.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

AA as well. Make no mistake this is still a step down from pre BOB.
Dave_C, hugolover and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I will be reaching silver in a week, and doing LHR-GVA in a couple of weeks, will report back!
Prospero and ThatT1Feeling like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA
On select GVA flights*
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think this would make a huge difference. Of course I used to like the G&T as well on the evening flights but even just a cup of tea makes a difference and it's probably better if I don't drink spirits on every evening flight I take. I did however get a free shortbread last week with my (paid for) cup of tea
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BABenchley
On select GVA flights*
Title mended.

Are the selected flights from LCY?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:38 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Swiss just announced they were going BOB out of GVA about two weeks ago. Seems like a swoop to try and poach their customers.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Wow. So they take away all free drinks and free snacks. Then they give us back a free tea or coffee on one route, for some flights and we're meant to come flocking back in gratitude?

Pathetic.
sgm, lhrpete, Blueboys999 and 13 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:41 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Well those that receive it, be sure to show your appreciation - then maybe it might be used across more routes...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Free bottled water wouldn’t go a miss.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
My entire takeaway from this: If you receive said trial, or have any way to feedback said trial - make it positive feedback. There's no point in moaning about pre BOB days. I miss them, you miss them, but we must reward and encourage any positives. No one is saying it makes everything ok, but if feedback is incredibly positive and a no brainer from a CS standpoint, it makes it all the more likely to explore further such moves. Just my two cents...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What has caught my eye about this is the choice of GVA. It has, along with routes like EDI, NCE, AMS one of the highest levels of status travellers, it's not unusual when CE + status is the large majority of a particular flight. So from a crew point of view, this would be the last route I would be doing trials on, other than if to prove the point that if it can be done on that route, it can be done anywhere.
Koru Flyer, sgm, RJD1983 and 12 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What has caught my eye about this is the choice of GVA. It has, along with routes like EDI, NCE, AMS one of the highest levels of status travellers, it's not unusual when CE + status is the large majority of a particular flight. So from a crew point of view, this would be the last route I would be doing trials on, other than if to prove the point that if it can be done on that route, it can be done anywhere.
from what I've heard internally, that's specifically why it was chosen. One of the highest elite yielding routes, with short flight time. If it can be done there, it can be done anywhere. Apparently crew are less than thrilled...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:24 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
from what I've heard internally, that's specifically why it was chosen. One of the highest elite yielding routes, with short flight time. If it can be done there, it can be done anywhere. Apparently crew are less than thrilled...
Emphasis mine.
Seriously ? They are kidding, right ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.