Avios agents in BA call centre

Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Avios agents in BA call centre

I'm not sure which combination of options I selected when calling Gold line to change a booking this week, but was a bit surprised when a follow up email clarifying part of the transaction (so drafted personally, not auto generated) came from an @avios.com account.

Have Avios been there for some time, or could it be a part of something like the shift to a common points account system as mentioned in last year's shareholder presentation?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Avios Group have their own call centre and take calls for BA. I spoke to them several times a year ago when trying to have my 241 reissued.

They regularly post openings for agents here: https://jobs.avios.com/jobs/vacancy/find/results/
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had the same sort of thing a couple of weeks ago. I called the BA Gold line but when my call was answered the agent said 'welcome to Avios.com'. I wondered if having selected the relevant option to make a booking with Avios I was actually diverted to the Avios call centre?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.