FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Avios/Tiers on AA F flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1901464-avios-tiers-aa-f-flight.html)

Kensaunders17 Mar 30, 2018 9:08 am

Avios/Tiers on AA F flight

Hi all

I recently booked a flight direct on the AA website and flew F (three tier class) from JFK to LAX.. and a separate flight that I booked from LAX to LAS. Both the ticket had my BA exec number and I got the LAX to LAS tiers/avios posted correctly into my BA account. The one I'm missing is the avios and tier points on the longer JFK -LAX flight. I've waited the allotted time it says on the website and I put a claim on the BA website using the ticket number etc. Today I got a note back saying the flight details I submitted do not qualify for Avios and Tier Points. Before I run and ask BA/AA am I missing something here in terms of why they wouldn't post automatically/subsequently when I claimed? I was wonder if I had put the ticket number in wrongly but then started to wonder if buying a reduced price (from their website) had barred me from mileage and I hadn't realised when buying?

Any thoughts?

thanks

Ken

corporate-wage-slave Mar 30, 2018 9:54 am

An initial but incorrect refusal on the webform isn't unusual, so the usual advice is to call up and ask an agent to resubmit the case. You can thereafter contact the BAMissingAvios lurker here on FT, via PM, if that also fails. They are some legitimate reasons for declining a claim but not on the basis of the information so far provided. If purchased on the AA website with no further complications (e.g.a kiosk upgrade) should be OK. One area for you to check is to find out the selling class of the ticket, or Booking Code as AA calls it, which would be in the Details section when buying the ticket, and probably in the email confirmation. On a 3 class service this would typically be "A" and would qualify for 210 TPs on that sector.

golfmad Mar 30, 2018 10:14 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29584432)
One area for you to check is to find out the selling class of the ticket, or Booking Code as AA calls it, which would be in the Details section when buying the ticket, and probably in the email confirmation.

The AA email receipt will show you the fare class to the right of the time details for each sector. What does it say for your JFK-LAX sector?

ThatT1Feeling Mar 30, 2018 10:18 am

I’m suspecting a blip rather than your flight being ineligible. Were you in an A321 with 5 rows of 1-1 seating?

In in that case, unless you had a massively discounted ticket, you should earn 210 TP

If you booked on AA, shouldn’t you contact them first?

golfmad Mar 30, 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 29584501)

If you booked on AA, shouldn’t you contact them first?

If Ken is claiming Tier Points and Avios through BAEC then it's BAEC he needs to contact not AA. An AA agent likely won't have a clue about it.

ThatT1Feeling Mar 30, 2018 10:25 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 29584514)
If Ken is claiming Tier Points and Avios through BAEC then it's BAEC he needs to contact not AA. An AA agent likely won't have a clue about it.

Ah ok - thanks

Kensaunders17 Mar 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks for your replies.. it is indeed an a fare code.. have rung up baec and they are re looking at it.. hopefully know soon but helpful agent on phone said it should be a 210 tier point.. but had to get it confirmed with aa before it would be credited.. Ken

Kensaunders17 Apr 10, 2018 7:16 am

mm so - having spoken to the BAEC rep on the phone on March 31st I've had nothing back since. Know we had Easter in the middle but this seems to have taken a lot of time for anything to come back to me from them - Can someone advise who the right BA rep on here is to look at this/I can contact? thanks Ken

KARFA Apr 10, 2018 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Kensaunders17 (Post 29623809)
mm so - having spoken to the BAEC rep on the phone on March 31st I've had nothing back since. Know we had Easter in the middle but this seems to have taken a lot of time for anything to come back to me from them - Can someone advise who the right BA rep on here is to look at this/I can contact? thanks Ken

send a PM to BAMissingAvios and it should be sorted

dbthebolt Apr 10, 2018 8:25 am

This is really interesting. The same thing happened to me the last couple of times on the JFK-LAX-JFK transcon flights. Recently, I have taken these AA Transcon flights in F on a 3 class plane, as part of a multi-flight itinerary. On both occasions, all of the other AA legs posted tier points and miles to my account, apart from the JFK-LAX-JFK legs. In all cases I was travelling in F on a 3 class A321, and my ticket code was A.
I put a claim in via the Exec Club website, and received automatic refusals for all transcon legs as being ineligible for miles and tier points. I contacted the GGL line, and sent over copies of the e-ticket and boarding passes. The problem was sorted out on both occasions, although it took a while the first time. it looks like a system bug somewhere. Not sure if it is at the AA end or BA end.

KARFA Apr 10, 2018 8:38 am

Can I ask for those having problems with the JFK-LAX flights, were you booked on the BA codeshare or under the AA flight number?

I note on the calculator on BA.com there are only earnings shown for Y and J, and no rows shown for F. Under the AA flight number it correctly shows earnings for Y, J, and F.

F and A selling classes do exist for the BA codeshares on this route according to expertflyer, but it looks like BA haven't listed the F cabin for TPs and avios.

dbthebolt Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am

I booked via the AA website under the AA flight numbers. Fare Class on these legs was A.

KARFA Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by dbthebolt (Post 29624149)
I booked via the AA website under the AA flight numbers. Fare Class on these legs was A.

Ah ok, thanks. Rules out my theory then :)

gcuk Apr 10, 2018 9:37 am

Hi KARFA. Not a bad theory. I think you may be close but there is also the I/A class 'upgrade' (that has subsequently been fixed) that I think may have caused problems as well. I had a JFK-LAX sector booked via aa.com and had availed of the I class becoming A on the BA codeshare on the transcon (thanks to the pointers on this board :) ). At some point, due to schedule change, my BA coded transcon became an AA flight number, initially downgraded to I class but quickly restored to A when I contacted AA by phone. My flights posted, but as I class, even though the confirmation clearly stated A class and I had pre-seated myself in the First class cabin . I queried it with BAEC and it took about 3 weeks for the correct TP and avios to appear so I wonder whether it's the AA system that isn't recognising the I to A upgrade and therefore awarding at the original I fare?

lds89 Apr 10, 2018 1:30 pm

A is both a discounted three-class F fare class as well as the confirmable upgrade fare that AA elites can use their SWU or miles + copay to upgrade into from business fare classes (J,D,I).

Maybe BA just coded A as ineligible because it's also an upgrade class? Should obviously be fixed because AA also sells the A class as a revenue class